News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Xiaomi launches the RedmiBook Pro 14 and RedmiBook Pro 15: Intel-based MacBook Pro imitators with up to 3.2K display and dGPU option for 4,699-6,299 yuan (US$728-US$976)

Started by Redaktion, February 25, 2021, 16:25:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Xiaomi has launched the 2021 variants of the RedmiBook Pro 14 and RedmiBook Pro 15. Shoppers in China can choose from among six SKUs, with Intel Core i5 and i7 Tiger Lake processors and the Nvidia GeForce MX450 dGPU as central component options. The RedmiBook Pro 14 is fitted with a 2.5K display while the RedmiBook Pro 15 gets a 3.2K screen.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Xiaomi-launches-the-RedmiBook-Pro-14-and-RedmiBook-Pro-15-Intel-based-MacBook-Pro-imitators-with-up-to-3-2K-display-and-dGPU-option-for-4-699-6-299-yuan-US-728-US-976.524368.0.html

DAVID SALSERO

i do not have AMD 5000 series for me it does not interest me.
That Nvida x450 Card is almost equivalent to the latest vega itegrades from AMD. Therefore it supposes an extra cost of the laptop and an increase in temperature.
I do not understand how Xiaomi has not chosen AMD 5000 series much better and cheaper for its public.

If there is no AMD, no party.

Veyron

No AMD, and 15.6" 16:9 is such an archaic, uninteresting configuration.

Give us 16.1" or give us 16:10, or better yet, both.
And don't forget the AMD.

Tommy Lascelles

Hah..forget RTX 3000 series, xiaomi or redmi can't come up with a single RTX 2060 or even a 1660Ti equipped laptop.
All they can put is a MX 450 which is useless, as even the integrated graphics nowadays is much better.
They can only launch cheap Redmi K series phones not a proper bang-for-buck gaming laptop

leaking news

Leaking info was pointing out in performance mode:
single stress test cpu can take up to 35w
when cpu and mx450 gpu both in stress test can only take up to 12w and 25w respectively
With only 12w allocated on CPU, I don't have high expectation on this machine to have playable frame rate on modern title in 1080p let along 3.2k native.
Screen is peaked at 280nit, kinda dim
Hope it helps

notsure

450-500 nits is the minimum brightness an ultrabook should have. everything below is only suitable for basement or word and excel!

hfm

That RedmiBook Pro 15 marketing image clearly states 35W 11th Gen, which are the H35 CPUs. Why aren't those listed?

EDIT: thanks eds, it's been fixed.

CamWang

For a $800 price point, we have a decent CPU/GPU comibination, a CNC aluminum chassis, a 2k or 3k high refresh rate display though it only has a max brightness of 300nits but still capable of indoor use. I think it's good enough for most people since almost no other laptop can offer all those things at this price point.

RinzImpulse

Quote from: Tommy Lascelles on February 25, 2021, 17:42:19
Hah..forget RTX 3000 series, xiaomi or redmi can't come up with a single RTX 2060 or even a 1660Ti equipped laptop.
All they can put is a MX 450 which is useless, as even the integrated graphics nowadays is much better.
They can only launch cheap Redmi K series phones not a proper bang-for-buck gaming laptop
Are you stupid or what? They aren't labeled as Gaming laptop lmao

Also, they already have rtx2060 gaming focused laptop, though, it was old model

akarsh_mittal

Quote from: DAVID SALSERO on February 25, 2021, 16:46:06
i do not have AMD 5000 series for me it does not interest me.
That Nvida x450 Card is almost equivalent to the latest vega itegrades from AMD. Therefore it supposes an extra cost of the laptop and an increase in temperature.
I do not understand how Xiaomi has not chosen AMD 5000 series much better and cheaper for its public.

If there is no AMD, no party.

MX 450 is way better then any igpu counterpart

Worldliner

Quote from: Veyron on February 25, 2021, 17:03:50
No AMD, and 15.6" 16:9 is such an archaic, uninteresting configuration.

Give us 16.1" or give us 16:10, or better yet, both.
And don't forget the AMD.

It is a 16:10 one in fact, 3200*2000 resolution.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview