Register
Notebookcheck

Autor Thema: Asus ROG Strix G15 G513QR laptop review: AMD and Nvidia combined  (Gelesen 476 mal)

Redaktion

• Editor
  • High End NB
The Asus ROG Strix G15 is one of the latest gaming laptops equipped with an RTX 3000 GPU and a Ryzen 5000 CPU. The combination promises high performance that can be used optimally in games with the 300 Hz display. However, what makes the G15 stand out from all other new gaming laptops? You can find out about that and much more in our review.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Asus-ROG-Strix-G15-G513QR-laptop-review-AMD-and-Nvidia-combined.523159.0.html

Muhammad Anhar

• Gast
Re: Asus ROG Strix G15 G513QR laptop review: AMD and Nvidia combined
« Antwort #1 am: Februar 22, 2021, 02:38:08 »
This gaming laptop has all needed port minus SD Card reader, and you say it doesn’t. What are you smoking for mocking AMD again, NBC?

Koi

• Gast
« Antwort #2 am: Februar 22, 2021, 08:25:53 »
If you are some sort of person who plays a lot of e-sports titles, step aside. If not, this is a great laptop and I would definitely recommend it

ChinaLiedPeopleDied

• Gast
« Antwort #3 am: Februar 22, 2021, 10:55:30 »
Unclear why the Lenovo Legion 7i received 87% for the low travel and mushy keyboard where even the reviewer voiced their disappointment compared to ThinkPads, and here with the Asus we get 83% and suddenly yoi call it a good keyboard.

Jesus H Christ, this rating system is a god damn mess!

dude what

• Gast
« Antwort #4 am: Februar 22, 2021, 13:44:58 »
No mention about the fact you can't switch off Optimus? That's a major concern

Byron Bart

• Gast
« Antwort #5 am: Februar 22, 2021, 16:25:11 »
So with all the buzz about amd in laptops, i was expecting more improvements, especially with thermals but these chips appear to run as hot as intel?

Dorby

• Einsteiger NB
« Antwort #6 am: Februar 22, 2021, 17:36:27 »
1. The I/O is poor.
3x USB-C, 2x USB-A (3.2), UHS-III SD, 2.5 GbE, and HDMI 2.1 should be a given.

2. Screen is too dim, 600nits ARGB should be an option, whether with or without a higher refresh or a higher resolution.

3. No Advanced Optimus or MUX means not being able to take advantage of full performance and battery life, especially because this is an AMD + Nvidia system.

Wouldn't be issues on a $900 gaming laptop, but this is clearly meant to be the top-of-the-line flagship way above the price of an average RTX 3070 class laptop.

All Major Deal-Breakers.

IMO Strix should have been at Zephyrus/TUF prices and the Scar should have been at the place of Strix prices, having improved cooling solution for much better thermals. It looks like ASUS even reused the exact same cooling of all their 15" models on the 17"es.

Spunjji

• Gast
« Antwort #7 am: Februar 22, 2021, 17:40:03 »
So with all the buzz about amd in laptops, i was expecting more improvements, especially with thermals but these chips appear to run as hot as intel?

They run using as much power as the hardware allows, and the resulting temperature is the function of the capabilities of the cooling system.

Asus' cooling isn't famed for being amazing at the low end, and this is a high-TDP chip, but you can see the difference between AMD and Intel in other devices - particularly thin-and-light - and their sustained performance.

If this is a real bother for you, get an AMD device and lock the clocks to a level that provides the same performance as Intel's best. You should end up running 10-15 degrees C cooler.

Romain Gritten

• Gast
« Antwort #8 am: Februar 23, 2021, 09:44:29 »
So better or not with the MSI ?
I would like to buy to G733QR (more or less the same as here but 17 inches) but I don't know with the MSI which one is the better :(
I already have an old Asus (G731J, i7 4th Gen and GTX970M) and I'm very happy with it ! So i'm confident with Asus...
Any advices ?

dude what

• Gast
« Antwort #9 am: Februar 23, 2021, 12:46:59 »
So better or not with the MSI ?
I would like to buy to G733QR (more or less the same as here but 17 inches) but I don't know with the MSI which one is the better :(
I already have an old Asus (G731J, i7 4th Gen and GTX970M) and I'm very happy with it ! So i'm confident with Asus...
Any advices ?
I have an old Asus G751 JY from 7 years ago (!) and I've always been very happy with it.
Today I'm buying a MSI GE76 with 3080 because it's likely the best thing on the market, again.
I cannot recommend going with Asus since they got rid of the Mux switch and force you to use Optimus, reducing your fps in many games (from 1% up to 20% in some games), it's a shame.

danny333

• Gast
« Antwort #10 am: Februar 24, 2021, 17:13:06 »
How does this compare to the Zephyrus G15?  I'm confused why the Zeph is a similar price and it has a weaker processor and GPU.  I currently have the G15 Zephyrus and love it though.  Debating on returning and holding off for more GPU power from Strix.  Although, the Strix doesn't look as sleek. 

C 2018 » Impressum     Sprachen: Deutsch | English | Español | Français | Italiano | Nederlands | Polski | Português | Русский | Türkçe | Svenska