News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Intel Core i9-11900K blazes past the AMD Ryzen 9 5950X in Geekbench single-core test

Started by Redaktion, February 07, 2021, 08:16:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The upcoming Intel Corei9-11900K managed to best the AMD Ryzen 9 5950X by over 13% on Geekbench's single-core benchmark. The 14nm Rocket Lake processor managed to net single-core scores of 1,905, 1,902 and 1,895. Its clock speed hovered around 5.3GHz at all times.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-Core-i9-11900K-blazes-past-the-AMD-Ryzen-9-5950X-in-Geekbench-single-core-test.519168.0.html

Mark P

No mention of cooling. So did they use a chiller to achieve this over clock like they tried in CES 2 years ago, with it hidden inside a table and secret pipes through the bottom of the case.
Let me guess. The AMD one was on the stock cooler. Because going to geekbench, you can see the 5950x can achieve 1835 when running at 5.2GHz OC on a B550 board using AIO water cooling.

So the 5959X has better IPC still.

Phyzzi

The sad truth is that, with Apple usurping chip production spots with the mediocre M1, Intel doesn't have to make a chip that's better, they just have to make one that's available and good enough. Business and industry mostly isn't going to be scraping ebay and the grey market for unicorns, they will grab work horses from a company they trust.

I'm not excusing Intel for their failures, especially their decade long lapse in R&D and decent management, but it could be another year before anything other than a mac is widely available on less than 10 nm.

sener

No mention of exact cooling and power draw for both CPUs.

Judging by Intel's long history of misleading ads, we can deduce that these numbers probably don't represent any reasonable comparison.

AMD is producing, while Intel is hoaxing.

KL

Typical of Intel to stand on top of a pile of cow turds and proclaim themselves a winner.

"Look, the processor we're releasing in 8months can almost trade blows with AMDs offering from 6months ago....when we skew the data with unequal conditions and handpick scores to submit to media outlets."

Alex Sosa

Who cares about single core performance? Really, in 2021? Shame all programs that bottleneck a cpu into single core.

JB

yeah, i do soley audio production and wish software companies would utilize multi core, but in audio its all seriel processing, not parallel... so its all about the bottleneck needing to be a mile across!  im tryin to figure out Ryzen vs Intel single core war and make a purchase for homebuilt.

Papa smurf

98 degrees to reach these scores. That's really sustainable intel good job. Maybe their next chip will require liquid nitrogen.

meir

Did they use the same 1HP 1770W industrial chiller that they used at Computex to show a 28 core Intel cpu running at 5.3GHz on all cores and got caught and humiliated by the professional reviewers for their attempted fraud?  And how about their paying a compiler company to sabotage AMD code for benchmarks and bribing a benchmark company to skew their results to favor Intel? And lets not forget Contra Revenue and bribing CEOs not to use AMD products?  I don't see how anyone can trust Intel on anything with their history of lying and deceptions

JayN

It will be worth another 6 months to see what Alder Lake and 10esf is all about...  how they are using PCIE5, what DDR5 contributes, how big an architecture change is Golden Cove.  I expect Hotchips 2021 to provide the answers.

However, you know what you're getting with Rocket Lake.  It's kind of an evolution of their big gas guzzling muscle cars, souped up with a modern engine and 20 lanes of pcie4 .... Intel has already hinted they are providing exotic cooling solutions along with its launch.  See the youtube fullNerd episode "Intel talks Rocket Lake S news from CES 2021 | The Full Nerd special edition" for that conversation.

Piotr Wisniewski

Bennyg

To be fair, this isn't Intel claiming anything themselves here, they have just planted scores in an online database and let the tech press get wet about it and do their viral marketing for them, far more effectively than they could ever do themselves

Quote from: KL on February 07, 2021, 16:27:04
Typical of Intel to stand on top of a pile of cow turds and proclaim themselves a winner.

"Look, the processor we're releasing in 8months can almost trade blows with AMDs offering from 6months ago....when we skew the data with unequal conditions and handpick scores to submit to media outlets."

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview