News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Intel Core i9-11900K blazes past the AMD Ryzen 9 5950X in Geekbench single-core test

Started by Redaktion, February 07, 2021, 08:16:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Abdul Moiz

_MT_

Quote from: Piotr Wisniewski on February 07, 2021, 20:28:12
Nobody buy ryzen 9 for single core applications. Its power is in his 16 cores
The thing is 5950X is the best AMD has to offer when it comes to single core performance. Because it probably gets the highest bin dies. If 5950X can't win, probably nothing in the 5000 series will. And it's not like 900K is the first choice when all you want is single core performance. Intel has cheaper unlocked processors with high bin dies which should have similar single core potential. No, it's just a fact of life that many programs are limited by single core performance. And so it impacts your experience. Even though you might have other workloads that can use many cores and which were the reason you bought such a processor.

Noname00

Yeah, look at the score detail, crypto core is 5xxx in single core, and every body will love to run these avx512 every day. Most review site excluding gb5 for a reason

Vaughn

MY 5800X scores

Single-Core

Multi-Core

So 10% lead in single core and 0.2% in multi which is essentially a tie.

my chip will boost to 5.02Ghz and RL is at 5.3Ghz so the difference in clock speeds is certainly helping that ST score.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview