News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

YouTuber restores a completely broken Samsung Galaxy Z Flip, but the "most expensive phone to repair" set him back an additional US$760

Started by Redaktion, February 07, 2021, 07:57:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Underlining just how expensive the current generation of foldable devices is, YouTuber Hugh Jeffreys showcased just how expensive it can be to return a broken Samsung Galaxy Z Flip to full working order. The repairs alone cost more than the launch price of Apple's iPhone 12 Mini.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/YouTuber-restores-a-completely-broken-Samsung-Galaxy-Z-Flip-but-the-most-expensive-phone-to-repair-set-him-back-an-additional-US-760.519170.0.html

t4n0n

QuoteEven factoring out their labor costs and bulk part discounts, the Korean giant is still likely making a substantial loss on each Samsung Galaxy Z Flip it repairs.

I doubt this, the bulk part discounts are likely substantial, not to mention the fact that sourcing repair parts for a novel and relatively scarce device is likely to command a huge premium.

najdier

That's more than I paid for my Z Flip! Its official price here in Saudi Arabia is a little over $1000 but one of the carriers over here offers it for $736 SIM-free and that's what I paid for it this past December.

Martin Siry

>:D dont forget he did it by himself coz if he must pay technician the price is mooore

Mark Mclane

Reji cheriyan

Z flip  just after purchased only 4 month.  The screen  look uneven  looks like  folding marks on the screen.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview