News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Dell Inspiron 15 5502 Laptop Review: Intel 11th Gen For The Masses

Started by Redaktion, December 30, 2020, 02:01:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Whenever Intel launches a new generation of processors, laptop makers love to send in their best high-end Core i7 systems for review. We're here to see how well an affordable Core i3 model can perform on the other end of the spectrum.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Dell-Inspiron-15-5502-Laptop-Review-Intel-11th-Gen-For-The-Masses.512185.0.html

RinzImpulse

Dell is the only manufacturer beside HP that I believe because of RAM upgrade is great. Most of their laptops have 2 RAM slot, while the other opt for 1 soldered + 1 empty slot or even non-upgradeable even on the low-end parts

Quotebut it would have been nice to see some AMD Ryzen options
there IS Ryzen option called 5505 (5405 for 14 inch). Too bad I didn't buy it because of ryzen laptop's price here is suck

john mon

Tomas

Other reviews say the chassis is made from lightweight aluminium.

Yep, checked on dell's website - it's aluminium.

A

Quote from: RinzImpulse on December 30, 2020, 03:36:57
there IS Ryzen option called 5505 (5405 for 14 inch). Too bad I didn't buy it because of ryzen laptop's price here is suck

They had a deal on the Ryzen model where you could get the 4500u for under $400. The 4700u one for $550. You can put up to 64gb ram in it (3200mhz). But the clickpad is completely unusable. When the review says its bad, that is an understatement, it is COMPLETELY unusable. It gets stuck on clicking sometimes(hardware, not software) and you have to keep mashing the clickpad till it gets unstuck. This becomes the case even more so if you have the laptop at an angle like on an ergonomic stand or on your lap.

Quite sad.

RinzImpulse

Quote from: A on December 30, 2020, 16:05:35
Quote from: RinzImpulse on December 30, 2020, 03:36:57

They had a deal on the Ryzen model where you could get the 4500u for under $400. The 4700u one for $550. You can put up to 64gb ram in it (3200mhz). But the clickpad is completely unusable. When the review says its bad, that is an understatement, it is COMPLETELY unusable. It gets stuck on clicking sometimes(hardware, not software) and you have to keep mashing the clickpad till it gets unstuck. This becomes the case even more so if you have the laptop at an angle like on an ergonomic stand or on your lap.

Quite sad.
Sad for you, but not for me. I never use clickpad since there are things called GESTURE and they have been great for me since 2018, allowing me to NOT using the clickpads

Also, what the hell happened over here? the prices is so bad here. The R5 version is $680 (approx)

A

Quote from: RinzImpulse on January 01, 2021, 03:05:09
Sad for you, but not for me. I never use clickpad since there are things called GESTURE and they have been great for me since 2018, allowing me to NOT using the clickpads

If I wanted to dance with my hands I would pick up an instrument or painting, instead of doing work on my laptop. And if I really must do gestures, I'd prefer a touchscreen.

But I'd rather not, everyone I know who dances on their clickpads/touchpads for a long time is suffering from some sort of wrist pain, meanwhile I've never had a problem once.

That said, there is zero excuse for the clickpad design to be broken out of box. It should at very least be crappy, not completely broken.

HAL

Dear Allen,

under the Headline "GPU Performance" you write the following sentence:

"Our Iris Xe G4 is about 50 to 60 percent slower than the Iris Xe G7 as found on laptops with the Core i7-1165G7 according to 3DMark benchmarks."

I think the naming of the i3's GPU as Iris is wrong here. Could it be that the G4-Graphics in the i3-1115G4 is NOT an "Iris Xe" but a "UHD Graphics Xe" ?

Kind regards

HAL

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview