News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

The ThinkPad L13 Gen 2 convinces in the test with an excellent keyboard and Thunderbolt 4

Started by Redaktion, January 24, 2021, 01:43:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Lenovo's ThinkPad L13 Gen 2 is a well-made ultrabook with up-to-date hardware and a first-class keyboard.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/The-ThinkPad-L13-Gen-2-convinces-in-the-test-with-an-excellent-keyboard-and-Thunderbolt-4.516271.0.html

RyanB

These machines have a ton of issues using Microsoft Teams with the IGPU causing stuttering and freezing with video calls... build quality is great but really unsatisfied with the performance.

Paulus

Dear NotebookCheck, I always liked your review, and this website is often my go to place to read in my spare time. However, please, stop bashing soldered memory. I think you must be well aware already that those newer generation of LPDDR memory are much faster than their regular DDR counterparts while consuming less power. As a user of iGPU + 4K screen, I can attest that more memory bandwidth results in a more responsive system, all things being equal. There is a reason why GPU memories are soldered, right? Just look at the ROG Flow X13: crazy performance and crazy battery life for the performance and form factor. I'd imagine that at the same clockspeed (to remove thermal throttling out of equation), that 5980HS + LPDDR4X would easily beat similarly equipped laptops with regular DDR4.

Now the thing that you should bash and criticise are those laptops that ships with soldered regular DDR4! I don't see any point in doing that unless they are targetting an extremely thin laptop. Even then they should be better off with LPDDR4X.

BLMrioter

Apart from X, T and P (for pipi) I have no idea what these E, L and Kebab series latops are: they all sound and feel the same.

BLM: If I rob your store, smash your car and set your house on fire, that will definitely stop racism.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview