News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Intel Core i7-11700K pips the AMD Ryzen 7 5800X for the PassMark single-thread performance chart crown and scores nearly 15% more than the i7-10700K

Started by Redaktion, January 05, 2021, 06:38:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The upcoming Rocket Lake-S Intel Core i7-11700K has been proving its undeniable value on PassMark, with a first sample managing to snatch the lead in the CPU Mark single-thread performance chart. The i7-11700K zipped past its fellow 8-core rival AMD Ryzen 7 5800X and produced a score that was almost 15% more than the Comet Lake i7-10700K.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-Core-i7-11700K-pips-the-AMD-Ryzen-7-5800X-for-the-PassMark-single-thread-performance-chart-crown-and-scores-nearly-15-more-than-the-i7-10700K.513117.0.html

Grinnie Jax

Can +1% to single-core score over 5800X be considered a win, considering the upcoming Intel CPU consumed 20% more power? Or it simply means that the existing Ryzen CPU is almost 20% efficient?

Dharan

Looks like a desparate attempt by Intel to keep single thread throne... Things will be clear when real products hit the market

anan

This is a photo-finish win for Intel but a win nonetheless. At these margins price and multicore performance will be the deciding factor.

toven

Boojor

Many are talking about how Intel is being absolutely destroyed by AMD, which is true. They refuse to add more cores to their CPUs, mobile and desktop, which is why AMD is taking the multithreading score. But do you realize that if Intel doesn't do anything, and AMD will continue to gain more and more market share, they will become another Intel? They will only do like a 5% improvement per year in the future, if Intel doesn't do anything, which won't be good for any of us. That's why I'm rooting for Intel to at least do something about multithreaded performance. Nobody ONLY plays video games. Any professionals planning to do some real work will go with AMD, since their multithreaded performance wrecks Intel, and their single threaded performance is still very good, even if Intel beats it by 40 points.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview