News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Looking back, 2020 was a pretty bad year for smartphone enthusiasts

Started by Redaktion, January 01, 2021, 09:27:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

2020 will go down as one of the worst years in history and that's a sentiment that should also be echoed by keen lovers of the smartphone world. Starting with the underwhelming Galaxy S20 Ultra, to the Galaxy Note 20 with its plastic back, down to the trend of selling phones without a charger—2020 sure dropped the ball.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Looking-back-2020-was-a-pretty-bad-year-for-smartphone-enthusiasts.512600.0.html

Jono

That's so true, phone prices got higher than ever but they didn't deliver anything to support that higher pricetag

A

As a smartphone enthusiast who has been using smartphones for almost 20 years (before android and iphone), I love the plastic back on the Galaxy Note 20. I would have liked it more coarser though.

That said, the material of the back is NOT an enthusiast feature. Aluminum backs are mostly a hipster thing who like cheap materials that feel like aluminum foil.

Now what I don't like about it is: There is no SD card slot unless you get the ultra which is a joke for a 1k phone. And as always, since the Note 4 the lack of a removable battery remains to be sad. Lastly I still grieve the loss of top spec 5 row horizontal sliders...

And yes, the prices of these phones is getting WAY out of hand. Though in my case I got the phone for free. But that is due to it being issued via corporate.

S.Yu

This year may not be much better as there are reports of SD888 suffering from poor efficiency due to Samsung's questionable 5nm node.
Quote from: A on January 01, 2021, 11:25:51
Aluminum backs are mostly a hipster thing who like cheap materials that feel like aluminum foil.
I feel sorry for you if you've only seen aluminum backs that feel like foil.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview