News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

The Google Pixel 5 Pro is purported to be in development

Started by Redaktion, December 16, 2020, 01:08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Google Pixel 5 Pro is a real device, according to a new report. While probably not the device that someone claimed to have photos of last week, suppliers are reputedly already developing panels for something called a Pixel 5 Pro.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/The-Google-Pixel-5-Pro-is-purported-to-be-in-development.509512.0.html

JoeBlack

If it has a better camera, I would not mind jumping a ship and buying it even through I "just" bought Pixel 5 ;)

davidm

if Google announces this device any time before spring, Pixel 5 users should revolt. The 5 was apparently what they were offering as the 'high end' version of this series. The 5 is a decent general smartphone, but I would have preferred a less compromise-y device with better cameras, if I had known it were an option in this timeframe, and then the value of the 5 would decrease, making it an even worse proposition.

JoeBlack

Quote from: davidm on December 16, 2020, 13:56:25
if Google announces this device any time before spring, Pixel 5 users should revolt. The 5 was apparently what they were offering as the 'high end' version of this series. The 5 is a decent general smartphone, but I would have preferred a less compromise-y device with better cameras, if I had known it were an option in this timeframe, and then the value of the 5 would decrease, making it an even worse proposition.
Revolt ... LOL, why?
If you expected something better, you could buy something better ... it's like crying something is more pricey week after Black Friday.
No one cares, especially not Google that has the same motto towards its customers as Apple - aka "Deal with it suckers!".

davidm

Quote from: JoeBlack on December 16, 2020, 15:29:28
Revolt ... LOL, why?
If you expected something better, you could buy something better ... it's like crying something is more pricey week after Black Friday.
No one cares, especially not Google that has the same motto towards its customers as Apple - aka "Deal with it suckers!".

I guess consumer advocacy is not a thing in your world, but in many areas it is. Look what happened for example when Lenovo tried to redesign Thinkpads.

JoeBlack

Quote from: davidm on December 16, 2020, 19:17:38
Quote from: JoeBlack on December 16, 2020, 15:29:28
Revolt ... LOL, why?

I guess consumer advocacy is not a thing in your world, but in many areas it is. Look what happened for example when Lenovo tried to redesign Thinkpads.
It certainly is, but in a meaningful way. Not in a way I bought a device, and it's obsolete ... which is laughable in a technology world.

FreddyLB84

I don't understand people.  I mean, do you have to have the latest and greatest?  I love the Pixel line, but I did not like the Pixel 5 so I didn't upgrade.  I have the Pixel 3XL, and waiting to see what this Pixel 5 Pro is, and if it's not that big of an upgrade from the Pixel 5, then I'm waiting to see what the Pixel 6 has to offer.

Patrick Ray

This is not news in the least and borders click bait. Hardware is always under development. It's likely the Pixel 6 that they are playing with and it's certainly not dropping in Spring 2021.

Stop and think it through. Not only has covid scaled back what the consumer is willing to spend but Google has NEVER had a handset that didn't start leaking 6 months before release. The only thing happening in Spring 2021 is the first Pixel 6 leak.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview