News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

HP Spectre x360 14 ups the ante with 3:2 OLED display and Intel Tiger Lake for $1199 USD

Started by Redaktion, October 02, 2020, 07:02:33

Previous topic - Next topic

shawman

Spectre keyboard is good. I am typing on Spectre X2 2 in 1 I got in late 2015. These are premium laptops with good keyboard and great screen. So they wont be cheap.

GeneralSoybeans

"Hmmm, $1200 *starting* price sounds a bit high."

When you compare it to it's main competitor, the Dell XPS 13 or the 2-in-1, 1200 dollar starting price is actually lower.

S.Yu

Quote from: GeneralSoybeans on October 05, 2020, 15:14:19
"Hmmm, $1200 *starting* price sounds a bit high."

When you compare it to it's main competitor, the Dell XPS 13 or the 2-in-1, 1200 dollar starting price is actually lower.
I just looked and Dell says 9310 is starting at $999.
Still a bit too high for crappy i3 IMO.

vertigo

Interesting. I just checked and it's $900 for 10th gen and $1,100 for 11th. Also have to consider the Spectre is using an OLED, which costs more. Granted, I'd prefer a standard screen due to being cheaper and lower power consumption, and maybe that'll be an option, but I doubt I'd go with HP at this point anyways.

JimPr

The month has come and gone and it wasn't released.  Any news on how long the delay will last?

BenH

It's available to buy now in the US. I'm not allowed to post links as this is my first post.

oof

When is the Notebookcheck review going to be out? I would like to know your thoughts on this virtually flawless notebook convertible.

Dorby

I've been using my Spectre x360 14 (i7,16gb,OLED) for a few weeks. Everything's been pretty solid. Consistent 6hrs of battery life browsing and multitasking, and good pen performance, but obviously still a lot behind compared to my iPad Pro 11" in terms of pressure, latency, software etc. Screen is better than most laptops and slightly worse than a flagship phone. XE graphics is a nice boost, spreadsheets load a little faster and photo editing is less choppy. Just don't expect to play heavy games on 1080p or smoothly edit a 4K video clip on it.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview