News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

The Yoga 9i is Lenovo's fastest 14-inch convertible to date all because of Tiger Lake

Started by Redaktion, December 05, 2020, 00:12:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Even the least expensive 11th gen Core i5 Yoga 9i 14 can outperform the priciest older Yoga C940 14 with the 10th gen Core i7. Intel has been steadily upping its integrated graphics game which has allowed even small convertible laptops like the Yoga 9i to run popular titles at decent frame rates.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/The-Yoga-9i-is-Lenovo-s-fastest-14-inch-convertible-to-date-all-because-of-Tiger-Lake.507706.0.html

Vikram S

Headline suggests that TigerLake is faster than AMD equivalents, but the performance tests are only compared to Intel configs.
What gives?

Mikita

Quote from: Vikram S on December 05, 2020, 05:32:54
Headline suggests that TigerLake is faster than AMD equivalents, but the performance tests are only compared to Intel configs.
What gives?

Because it's slower than AMD equivalents. The headline is a clickbait.

danilseveryanov

Hm, who cares of just lenovo lineup? In this world where is no  XPS 9310 2in1 with 1165g7?))
If we're talking of corporates on mono lenovo, they will not take Yoga as well cause for business isn't right choice.

Evel79

Quote from: danilseveryanov on December 05, 2020, 10:13:06
Hm, who cares of just lenovo lineup? In this world where is no  XPS 9310 2in1 with 1165g7?))
If we're talking of corporates on mono lenovo, they will not take Yoga as well cause for business isn't right choice.

Dell have notorious quality control issues. We have dell at work and IT have hundreds of spare parts for certain components that fail regularly.  And don't overlook the fact that you can't even swap out the SSD of the 9310 convertible. Never mind upgrading, if the SSD fails, you not only lose the data, you can kiss goodbye to your overpriced machine. No business with a half decent IT department would roll out the 9310 convertible. We have some normal 9300s. But that's no substitute for a convertible if that's why you want.

There are others available outside of Lenovo also, of course - but I just picked up one of these with the 1185g7 and even with 4K Screen I have managed all day battery - batch processing stacking 750 photos also Handled with no problem. I'm not a big gamer, so can't comment on that. But it is not lacking for performance. I'm impressed. It won't replace my desktop - but it's not meant to.

Abc

Quote from: Mikita on December 05, 2020, 07:32:24
What gives?

The headline is a clickbait.

They're doing this a lot lately. Got sick of it, will look for some other place to source information and updates.

vertigo

What gives?

Guess they "forgot" about the months-old Flex 5 14 that's faster than this brand-new Tiger Lake laptop. Especially disappointing since Allen Ngo is generally not biased toward Intel, and actually usually seems to lean toward AMD. NBC seems intent on destroying their reputation, I just hope for their sake Intel is paying them enough for that.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview