News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Medion Erazer Beast X10 (Tongfang GM7MPHP) in review: Stable, slim, compact gaming laptop with good battery life

Started by Redaktion, November 27, 2020, 20:38:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The compact Erazer Beast X10 brings all the latest computer games smoothly onto the 17.3-inch matte display (Full HD, IPS, 144 Hz). The gaming laptop scores points with 32 GB of RAM (dual-channel mode), space for two NVMe SSDs, and good battery life.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Medion-Erazer-Beast-X10-Tongfang-GM7MPHP-in-review-Stable-slim-compact-gaming-laptop-with-good-battery-life.506266.0.html

Mikita

ashlol

good review with always such huge noise level in gaming how sad.

to answer mikita there is currently no gaming laptop with renoir cpu and 2070 or better nvidia card and 15" or 17" display. The best i know of are asus rog with renoir and 2060 and 14" display so not quite comparable to this laptop. I'm not sure if there will be any and anyway only zen3 based mobile cpu will be interresting to see how they perform especially with new rtx3000 or rx6800xt based mobile gpu. I guess they will be a beast 2021 is going to be interresting to see in mobile hardware.

Spunjji

Quote from: ashlol on November 28, 2020, 16:10:02
to answer mikita there is currently no gaming laptop with renoir cpu and 2070 or better nvidia card and 15" or 17" display

IMHO this is exactly why they should be including the 4800H in the charts - they need to keep the pressure up on OEMs by showing consumers exactly how much CPU performance is being left on the table thanks to the Intel/Nvidia duopoly in this area.

It's a complete joke. If a 17" gaming notebook will be routinely outperformed in applications by a 14" notebook, some scepticism is warranted.

thorpyuk

The reference to the GPU as being of the max-Q design is incorrect- this is in fact a 'full-fat' RTX2070 Super (Mobile), as evidenced by the clock speeds. I have the Guardian X10 (15" version of this laptop) and can confirm its a great rig, although in the Guardian the only downside is that it comes with 16GB RAM running only in single-channel mode (1 stick of memory) which does drag performance back a tad.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview