News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G Smartphone Review: After Community feedback, the best Galaxy S20

Started by Redaktion, November 21, 2020, 11:08:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Samsung has the 6.5-inch Galaxy S20 FE 5G - FE stands for fan edition - completely on the desires of the Galaxy-S20 Community. The result can be seen, because the fan edition is so far the fastest Galaxy-S20 model and is outstanding in nearly all other areas. In addition, it is surprisingly inexpensive by high-end standards.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Samsung-Galaxy-S20-FE-5G-Smartphone-Review-After-Community-feedback-the-best-Galaxy-S20.505239.0.html

Cody

The galaxy FE is complete junk...I tested for 2 days before I got refund of the FE trash device and actually bought a real quality S20+...I wish all you fake writers would quit lying to people by saying the galaxy FE is actually a good device. My galaxy s8+ side by side with the galaxy s20 FE; a 3 year old s8+ blew the FE out of the water and the s8+ was even waaayyyy better than the FE ever could be....the samsung galaxy FE is complete garbage and a disgrace samsung would actually sell a piece of junk, like the Galaxy s20 FE!

Nickou

Care to elaborate what's actually inferior on the S20FE?
Just bashing it without any concrete evidence isn't all that helpful.
Thanks
Quote from: Cody on November 22, 2020, 01:30:21
The galaxy FE is complete junk...I tested for 2 days before I got refund of the FE trash device and actually bought a real quality S20+...I wish all you fake writers would quit lying to people by saying the galaxy FE is actually a good device. My galaxy s8+ side by side with the galaxy s20 FE; a 3 year old s8+ blew the FE out of the water and the s8+ was even waaayyyy better than the FE ever could be....the samsung galaxy FE is complete garbage and a disgrace samsung would actually sell a piece of junk, like the Galaxy s20 FE!

Mikhail

The S20 FE 5G is a fantastic device. I have used several Samsung phones in the past (S2, S4, S8+, S10+), and this is by far my favorite. If nothing else, the return to a flat screen and the manufacturer finally understanding that phones don't need to have QHD or UHD resolution to look crisp makes this a winner. The battery life, 5G connectivity, and great camera are standout features, as well.

[email protected]

I don't get why they made it so big.  The S10e is a beloved device that gets a ton of love from Samsung fans yet they release a behemoth device bigger than their main galaxy s line?

Sure it's a good value but i don't get the choice on size at all.  If they ditch the e line all together it would be quite disappointing.  I guess the regular s10 is close  but they don't have anything sub-6" anymore.

J McDaniel

Upgraded to the S20 FE for free through the S9 trade-in program. It's a big change from the S9, but I've only grown more fond of it with time instead of less fond over time. Samsung screwed us out of Android 11, but at least they're making it up by offering us this free upgrade. The S9 brand-new is only worth $500 retail, and mine was starting to struggle with newer apps.

J McDaniel

The hardware is fantastic but beware of wireless charging. The body on mine warped after it was charged for 4 hours. Now my phone has a slightly curved back to it.

Cosmin Lalut

Quote from: Cody on November 22, 2020, 01:30:21
Yes you right. Im retur the phone FE and i buy S20.

Steven M Stroehlein

So how does this Samsung have DC Dimming when the other ones don't?
Was that paragraph about it having DC dimming by mistake?

Tes

TThe photos are very overexposed. The front or/and rear camera. I do not recommend this phone. I regret very much that I have purchased this phone.

Steven M Stroehlein

How does this one have Dc Dimming (the budget s20 model) but the new Samsung S21 and s21 Ultra don't have it? Was that put in the review by mistake?
@Manuel Masiero, @Daniel Schmidt, @Brian Burriston
Thanks for reading!

JakeMcCabe

DC Dimming - NOT
I tested this phone at best buy. Increased brightness to 100% and used my camera to check for flickering (pwm). Sure enough, the s20FE screen was flickering e en at 100 brightness.

Justa Fan

Hello, sir can you please upload the gnss test screen of s20 FE like the one uploaded in the review article of samsung note 20 ultra. Thanks.

Also I kindly request that when you review any new smartphone, would you also post the screen from "GPSTest"(screenshot from this app is often described as GPS test:GNSS) along with "GPS Test"(screenshot, mostly 2, from this app is usually described as gps test: indoors and outdoors) app screen. That would be great. Thank you so much. 🙏❤️

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview