News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo ThinkPad T495 Review: business laptop with AMD processor, long battery life, and good display

Started by Redaktion, September 13, 2019, 04:06:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Focusonskills

For those of you wondering if the m.2 2242 slot accepts ssd, yes it does. However it only accepts a traditional m.2 ssd, not an m.2 NVMe ssd in which the one that come with the laptop is. They have the same m.2 pin but they aren't the same.
Similarly if you want to buy an adapter for the NVMe ssd as external disk, make sure you buy the one that support NVMe.

william blake

Quote from: João on November 04, 2019, 00:32:56
It would be cool if you guys reviewed the Lenovo ThinkPad T495 with the AMD Ryzen™ 7 PRO 3700U.
really? hard to imagine more useless testing, 3700 after 3500. same stuff. intel 4 core i5->4 core i7 is something similar. extra money for marketing nothing.

arif777

Quote from: Focusonskills on November 08, 2019, 23:10:33
For those of you wondering if the m.2 2242 slot accepts ssd, yes it does. However it only accepts a traditional m.2 ssd, not an m.2 NVMe ssd in which the one that come with the laptop is. They have the same m.2 pin but they aren't the same.

@Focusonskills, what do you mean by traditional m.2 ssd ? do you mean sata m.2 ssd or anything else ? I purchased a thinkpad t495 and want to install an additional ssd in blank wwan slot. but I am not sure which type of ssd will be compatible in that slot. Please provide detail information.

Focusonskills

@arif777

Yes, I mean the m.2 sata ssd in 2242 format.
Quote from: arif777 on November 12, 2019, 06:01:09
@Focusonskills, what do you mean by traditional m.2 ssd ? do you mean sata m.2 ssd or anything else ? I purchased a thinkpad t495 and want to install an additional ssd in blank wwan slot. but I am not sure which type of ssd will be compatible in that slot. Please provide detail information.

Avathar

Quote from: Focusonskills on November 12, 2019, 13:44:17
@arif777

Yes, I mean the m.2 sata ssd in 2242 format.
Quote from: arif777 on November 12, 2019, 06:01:09

Are you sure?
In the german thread someone mentiond it works with a Western Digital PC SN520 SSD, which is a NVMe PCIe disk.

Richard Corfield

I've just received my T495, the 3700 model, and am getting to know it. I'm not so used to modern Windows which may not  be helping. There seems to be confusion as to multiple apps trying to manage things like display, sound. I'm seeing tweeks improve the sound using an external multi-track device so that's fixing. Not reliable enough to record through but no longer uncomfortable to listen.

Battery life is reporting about 6 hours just Google Music. I wonder why my result is so different to those published here!

Wouter Smaal

My customized AMD Thinkpad T495 (20NJCTO1WW) is unfortunately equipped with a slower screen AND SSD:
- 400 nits FHD panel AU Optronics B140HAN05.7, not with the faster Innolux N140HCG-GQ2.
- Slower SK Hynix (PC401 512GB M.2), not with the faster Samsung SSD (P981 NVMe).
I understand that Lenovo does not want to be dependent on one manufacturer. I experience the disappointment that parts have been assembled with lesser specifications.

Tick

Regarding second SSD in WWAN slot.
My experience with SN520 in WWAN slot.
BIOS recognizes 2 NVME disks and Ubuntu live installer finds SN520.
However, it is not recognized elsewhere - not in Windows and not possible to boot after live installer finished.
Looks like only one SSD is supported: either in main 2280 slot or WWAN slot.

Adam1987TTT

I would NOT recommend this model with Ryzen CPU.
We had many 3700Pro cpu version modell with 32GB ram at the company and allmost all of them has been returned as impossible to work on.
Almost freeze, laggy as hell - you need to wait sometimes 5-10 sec between switching apps, bios update helps a little, but next windows update screw it again......
we have intel and amd version from the same modell, all of the intels are fines but amds are nightmares....

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview