News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 laptop review: Familiar benefits from Intel Tiger Lake

Started by Redaktion, May 08, 2021, 06:26:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Once again, Lenovo "only" updates its T-series with a new CPU. However, the Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 boasts a more promising CPU upgrade. After all, Tiger Lake is a much more extensive update than last-gen CPUs. However, the new ThinkPad laptop is not entirely flawless.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-ThinkPad-T14-Gen-2-laptop-review-Familiar-benefits-from-Intel-Tiger-Lake.537486.0.html

rich42

Tutti

Strange that this modification was picked, i don't see any reason for anyone to pick the MX450 version.

Alessandro Pino

Answer to the previous two comments:

1) What's the purpose of ethernet speed test?
2) NVIDIA GPU may be useful if you need to run CUDA code, for example.

adt_link_R43SG-TB3

What blows my mind is that I can easily afford the T series by now, but I don't want to. Too many compromises, the line between L and T is blurry.

Ulfrick

We need review of the non-dGPU version, those temperatures are just extreme. Would like to see how one single heatpipe manages the Tiger-Lake with Iris Xe.

iblizt

Quote from: adt_link_R43SG-TB3 on May 10, 2021, 10:48:48
What blows my mind is that I can easily afford the T series by now, but I don't want to. Too many compromises, the line between L and T is blurry.
Plus the L series have two ram slots and available with up to 8 core Ryzen. However T series have better display.
I think Lenovo really want you to go P series, unfortunately it is still Intel only and it runs hot.

Jimothy

Great Review! Could you look up the panel manufacturer part number for the 4K screen in hwinfo? I'm trying to find the screen from the T14 / P14s gen 2 and can only find Lenovo's FRU for it, which isn't helpful

The T14s gen 2 (2021) is virtually identical to the T480s (2018), except for the soldered wifi card (boo intel). The only thing I'm interested in is the 4K 500 nit display. Does anyone know the part number for it? I'd like to buy and upgrade from my QHD screen (the 40-pin eDP cable supports both QHD and UHD)

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview