News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo Yoga 7i Core i5-1135G7 CPU is on par with the Core i7-1165G7, but its Iris Xe graphics is way behind

Started by Redaktion, November 20, 2020, 19:53:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

We're getting mixed results from the initial batch of laptops sporting Intel's newest 11th gen Tiger Lake processors. Both CPU and GPU performance are ranging from disappointing to impressive depending on the laptop in question.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-Yoga-7i-Core-i5-1135G7-CPU-is-on-par-with-the-Core-i7-1165G7-but-its-Iris-Xe-graphics-is-way-behind.505237.0.html

capnkimo

jwb

Any possibility that they have chosen to sacrifice GPU performance and this gives them more thermal headroom for the CPU?

Sahil Kaneria

According to Intel product specifications page (ARK), the i5-1135g7 has 80 EUs compared to the 96 EUs on the i7-1165g7. PLEASE GET YOUR INFORMATION RIGHT!!!

Personally, I used both the yoga 7i 14 inch and 15 inch models. I originally bought the 15 inch one ($1049), but ultimately returned it because the 14 inch one was $300 cheaper. Both have 12gb RAM and 512gb NVMe storage, with the only difference being that the 15 inch one has a better quality display (although both are FHD), a better processor and one more usb port.

The yoga 7i 14 has done right by me so far and I'll probably keep it.

PS: both laptops have some sort of connectivity issues. Occasionally, the WiFi will glitch for the first 2 minutes after startup.

iknowwhy

The slow performance is attributed to asymmetrical memory configuration.

8GB and 16GB configs will not have this problem. Verified and tested. Intel needs to fix this.

Mikita

Spunjji

I do wonder how many terrible Tiger Lake laptops will have to launch before people begin to accept that Intel have some role in them being that way and not keep blaming it on the OEMs...

Hubercs99

Quote from: iknowwhy on November 22, 2020, 01:19:05
The slow performance is attributed to asymmetrical memory configuration.

8GB and 16GB configs will not have this problem. Verified and tested. Intel needs to fix this.

How is this Intel's problem? Sounds like it's Lenovo's problem for setting it up that way.

Hubercs99

Quote from: jwb on November 20, 2020, 21:57:56
Any possibility that they have chosen to sacrifice GPU performance and this gives them more thermal headroom for the CPU?

This seams like a possibility as their i5-1135G7 is out performing other's i7-1165G7.

Mnemosync

I'm planning on getting the i7 variant of the Yoga 7i with 16gb of DDR4-3200 ram, would that improve the graphics performance? Or would it be as bad/worse?

Mnemosync

Quote from: Sahil Kaneria on November 21, 2020, 04:52:28
According to Intel product specifications page (ARK), the i5-1135g7 has 80 EUs compared to the 96 EUs on the i7-1165g7. PLEASE GET YOUR INFORMATION RIGHT!!!

Personally, I used both the yoga 7i 14 inch and 15 inch models. I originally bought the 15 inch one ($1049), but ultimately returned it because the 14 inch one was $300 cheaper. Both have 12gb RAM and 512gb NVMe storage, with the only difference being that the 15 inch one has a better quality display (although both are FHD), a better processor and one more usb port.

The yoga 7i 14 has done right by me so far and I'll probably keep it.

PS: both laptops have some sort of connectivity issues. Occasionally, the WiFi will glitch for the first 2 minutes after startup.

Hi how's your experience with the laptop so far? Any problems regarding the gpu like the reviews mention?

wMickey

It's not the RAM config. Tested the entire late 2020 lineup of the 14" models with Tiger Lake and Iris Xe integrated graphics from the 7i setup with i5-1135G7, 12GB DDR4-3200, 512GB SSD (M.2 2242 PCIe 3.0x4 NVMe), and 14" FHD (1920x1080) IPS 300nits Glossy touch display TO the 9i setup with  with i7-1185G7, 16GB LPDDR4x-42665, 512GB SSD (M.2 2280 PCIe 3.0x4 NVMe), and 14" UHD (3840x2160) IPS 500nits Glossy touch display.

Of course the display and overall performance was better on the higher end 9i, but they ALL suffered from underperforming graphics (well below what's expected / being seen on other systems with similar specs). The performance of the processors, ram, and drives was pretty stellar.

Sad to get a design with such recent specs as these and have a bottleneck at the graphics. I don't expect that much from intel's integrated graphics, but they should be performing way better than what we're seeing on these. It seems to be specific to this Lenovo lineup...

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview