News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

The Asus ZenBook UX371 with the OLED Panel need some fine-tuning

Started by Redaktion, October 02, 2020, 15:33:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The new ZenBook Flip S left a good impression in our review, but there are still some aspects about the convertible, that Asus could improve.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/The-Asus-ZenBook-UX371-with-the-OLED-Panel-need-some-fine-tuning.496436.0.html

BSF7772

QuoteThe 4K OLED touchscreen creates a great subjective picture, but our in-depth analysis shows comparatively high color deviations. Despite the high color gamut, this means the device is not suited for serious video/picture editing.

this might be because you are testing based in CIE 1931 color space
CIE 1976 is the new standard and it should be used rather than old CIE 1931

Adambda

Am I the only one that is fed up with laptop makers not understanding the balance of resolution and performance. You have an integrated Intel running that can barely keep up with FHD and you ram a 4k display in a tiny 13 inch laptop. Moreover the FHD oled is perfect yet they put it in a 2013 chassis, boring silver with a huge chin? Lazy? Well considering Asus are into 2 screen monstrosities (matte + glass oddity) I'm not surprised they can't make a balanced laptop

calibrationadvanced

QuoteThe 4K OLED touchscreen creates a great subjective picture, but our in-depth analysis shows comparatively high color deviations. Despite the high color gamut, this means the device is not suited for serious video/picture editing.

You are misinterpreting the results a bit. The deviations that you see in your calibration SW only show up because -you- set it to compare with P3 gamut; but this notebook's display has a larger gamut - it exceeds P3 by quite a bit. So by doing this comparison, you get "deviations".
Now these "deviations" would be a problem in non color-managed applications (= most apps outside photoshop and alike), since all colors would appear over-saturated. But in software supporting ICC or 3DLUT calibration profiles (photoshop and alike, even some browsers) the display would show all P3 colors correctly, since it -has- the capability to display all P3 gamut colors (and then some).
So it is actually more suited to professional video/picture editing than to normal use.

Note: In my opinion I would prefer that any display on the market should rather match one of the standard gamuts exactly (P3, sRGB or Rec2020 gamut), than to exceed / be something in-between them, since then you cannot use such display without said calibration and color-managed (ICC/3DLUT) software (photoshop and alike). Unless you don't mind over-saturated colors.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview