News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Dell Optimizer is an AI-driven personalized user experience enhancement solution

Started by Redaktion, January 05, 2021, 15:01:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

With a release date that still has to be disclosed, the Dell Optimizer software solution promises to deliver a wide range of improvements and optimizations. Dell describes this piece of code as a built-in AI solution that "learns and adapts to the way you work" and is the first of its kind.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Dell-Optimizer-is-an-AI-driven-personalized-user-experience-enhancement-solution.512901.0.html

expresspotato

Honestly these are all features no one wants in their laptop.

Intelligent Audio - Enhances the conferencing experience by eliminating noise, improving the voice tone, and reducing distortion -> No one can hear you on zoom because Dell's background software keeps messing with your gain.

ExpressConnect - Provides bandwidth management and automatic Wi-Fi network switching -> My network keeps randomly disconnecting and the WiFi performance is poor.

ExpressResponse - Improves application startup and overall performance -> "Improves Overall Performance" my apps aren't starting because...

ExpressCharge - Adjusts brightness, CPU speed, and other settings to provide the best autonomy possible, but also improves battery charging -> Automatic brightness that I can't turn off (like the massive complains on the XPS line from Dell).

ExpressSign-in - Detects the user's presence and automatically wakes the system and logs in via Windows Hello, also locking it up when the user walks away -> My laptop keeps waking up in my backpack.

Dell you need to stop wasting money on this crap. I bought one of your XPS laptops and returned it... Wobbly loose trackpad, crackling speakers and waking up randomly and being super hot.

Not a quality product.

ChinaLiedPeopleDied

Instead of touting about features not ready for the market, I'd rather see the following in 2021 with better, more tactile ThinkPad X1 Extreme-like keyboard:

Dell XPS 13" with AMD Ryzen 7 5800U + 32GB dual channel RAM
Dell XPS 15" with AMD Ryzen 7 5900HS + 32GB + GTX 1160 Ti Max-Q
Dell XPS 17" with AMD Ryzen 7 5900HS + 32GB + RTX 3060 Max-Q

At least a redesign of the ugly and glossy gaming laptops would be nice.

Codrut Nistor

Quote from: expresspotato on January 05, 2021, 15:59:20
Honestly these are all features no one wants in their laptop.

Intelligent Audio - Enhances the conferencing experience by eliminating noise, improving the voice tone, and reducing distortion -> No one can hear you on zoom because Dell's background software keeps messing with your gain.

ExpressConnect - Provides bandwidth management and automatic Wi-Fi network switching -> My network keeps randomly disconnecting and the WiFi performance is poor.

ExpressResponse - Improves application startup and overall performance -> "Improves Overall Performance" my apps aren't starting because...

ExpressCharge - Adjusts brightness, CPU speed, and other settings to provide the best autonomy possible, but also improves battery charging -> Automatic brightness that I can't turn off (like the massive complains on the XPS line from Dell).

ExpressSign-in - Detects the user's presence and automatically wakes the system and logs in via Windows Hello, also locking it up when the user walks away -> My laptop keeps waking up in my backpack.

Dell you need to stop wasting money on this crap. I bought one of your XPS laptops and returned it... Wobbly loose trackpad, crackling speakers and waking up randomly and being super hot.

Not a quality product.
Funny. I might agree with some of the above, especially when it comes to automatic(or AI-driven) audio adjustments, but maybe you just got unlucky with your unit. Dell is selling a lot of laptops so obviously there are enough of them facing various issues as well.

Shrugs

Hear this, lads? Noise cancelling is now AI too. >:D Damn you, Skynet!
P. S.: who knew that lowering your brightness will lessen time-to-chrage? That's some "wash your hands"-level revelation. I'm getting March 2020 flashbacks.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview