News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

11th gen Rocket Lake-S Core i9 11900K challenges AMD Ryzen 9 5900X in gaming tests as Intel previews 11th gen 45 Core-H and Alder Lake

Started by Redaktion, January 11, 2021, 22:33:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Intel showed off a preview of the Rocket Lake-S Core i9-11900K and compared its gaming performance against a PC powered by the AMD Ryzen 9 5900X. The performance improvements seem within the margin of error for now. Intel also briefly mentioned about 11th gen Tiger Lake-H 45 W and Alder Lake processors coming later this year.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/11th-gen-Rocket-Lake-S-Core-i9-11900K-challenges-AMD-Ryzen-9-5900X-in-gaming-tests-as-Intel-previews-11th-gen-45-Core-H-and-Alder-Lake.514457.0.html

I Carumba

John Smith

Quote from: I Carumba on January 12, 2021, 00:04:39
45w?  Who cares?
Show me something kickass at 5w Intel.  We want fanless laptops.
You do realize that these are desktop and gaming laptop chips, right? Plus, they already make 5-10W CPUs. Check out their "Y" series chips designed for super thin and light fanless laptops.

Sam Medley

I'm hard pressed to believe these numbers are actually representative and not just cherry picked as "best runs." I'm sure Rocket Lake is fast, but I'm very curious about the heat output and power draw, especially considering that these are back/still on a 14 nm process compared to Vermeer's 7 nm.
I am looking forward to reviewer benchmarks.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview