News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Now that's build quality: Microsoft Surface Book takes a bullet for its owner, saving a life

Started by Redaktion, October 12, 2020, 20:57:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

A Microsoft Surface Book user reported that his convertible laptop saved his life after taking a stray bullet. While the Surface Book did not survive encounter, its magnesium alloy chassis delivered on the promise of high build quality.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Now-that-s-build-quality-Microsoft-Surface-Book-takes-a-bullet-for-its-owner-saving-a-life.497758.0.html

Leander Berg

Quote from: etk on October 12, 2020, 21:48:43
I'd shoot one too, if I had to use it.

My surface book works really well. I know there are some weird issues with some users but the device is definitely a unique option (stylus + powerful gpu). Would rather have the same specs from Dell or HP or so but unfortunately they don't seem to like the idea of a powerful detachable.

vertigo

Funny, I actually plan on shooting my Surface Pro 3 once I replace it. I hate this thing so much...

Sure, MS can build a computer that can stop a bullet (well, actually, not really, since the bullet was already slowed down by passing through the ceiling/floor and potentially other obstacles), but they can't design a power cord that's not a complete POS.

Montpbm

Good thing it wasn't a MacBook! That thing so garbage it might break before the bullet hits it. Good you had a SurfaceBook, the best computers and software out there.

MS products owner

It seems pure marketing to me,
I have Surface book 2, Surface pro 6,
At the same time I bought Surface Laptop for my girlfriend.
So x3 MS products in one household.
1. Surface book 2 - I didn't found anything better in 2018, so I don't regret spent €3000. But, no one can see in the future, but as for now, it seems to be my last MS premium product. I still have Win 1803 from 2018, because guys at MS are not able to make proper drivers for their own products. Issues with firmware, issues with every new version of Windows, you don't have to believe me, just type in Google "Surface book 3 win 2004".
2. Surface pro, no problem so far, but unusable as a tablet. Window on a tablet is a joke.
3. Surface Laptop, obviously a little bit better then my SB 2, because of the absence of the Nvidia graphic (trouble child), but wors then Surface pro with similar updates issues as my SB 2.
Build quality is only good enough on my Surface Book,
If you just spit on Surface Laptop or Pro, you have immediately a dent,
and don't buy a black Surface Pro, the color is not anodized like on the HTC M7 back then.
I personally don't see myself buying any of MS products again in the observable future.

Jerry Pani

My Surface Book 3 is the best laptop I've ever owned - period!
My last Microsoft device was a Surface Pro 3.
I don't see myself using a non-Surface Book device anymore.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview