News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Surface Pro 8 concept shows how Microsoft could improve its premium 2-in-1 convertible tablet

Started by Redaktion, August 25, 2020, 14:08:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The anniversary of the release of the Surface Pro 7 is approaching, which should signal the arrival of a successor. Probably called the Surface Pro 8, the device remains an unknown quantity for the time being. Nonetheless, Concept Creator and LetsGoDigital have teamed up to offer a glimpse at what the Surface Pro 8 could hold for us when it launches later this year.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Surface-Pro-8-concept-shows-how-Microsoft-could-improve-its-premium-2-in-1-convertible-tablet.489516.0.html

Sayantan Nandi

Surface Pro 8 may also be coming with the new AMD Ryzen 4000, as it's better than the Intel Tiger Lake.

Chuck

To improve it, they first need to get a hold of the battery issues all Surfaces have experienced since the Surface Pro 3! Microsoft has dictated that you should only expect to use these products for 3 years before your battery expands and destroys your $1500.00 to $2000.00 system (with attachments of course). Are you willing to spend $500 to over $600 a year for a Surface product only to purchase a new one once those 3 years are over? You may want to research Surface battery issues before you even think about buying one of these overpriced paperweights. Do you know you can't leave it plugged in? Do you know you need to let the battery discharge to under 20% before you are supposed to re-charge the battery? Do you know they've changed to document that describes how to take care of your Surface Battery numerous times in the past few years because they can't get a handle on these battery issues? Be my guest and buy a Surface product today or next year but don't say you haven't been warned.

Jc

What to buy this.
I have the surface pro 7 i5. The whole experience is good. I can do autocad and civil 3d on it. Yes, its has limitations but over out way the portability and lightweight.
The battery is fine, 8 hours for the normal routin like ms office. But on the extensive use like autocad and civil 3d, just 3 to 4 hours.
Great work microsoft. Please improve the price.

S.Yu

Quote from: Chuck on August 25, 2020, 23:34:21
To improve it, they first need to get a hold of the battery issues all Surfaces have experienced since the Surface Pro 3! Microsoft has dictated that you should only expect to use these products for 3 years before your battery expands and destroys your $1500.00 to $2000.00 system (with attachments of course). Are you willing to spend $500 to over $600 a year for a Surface product only to purchase a new one once those 3 years are over? You may want to research Surface battery issues before you even think about buying one of these overpriced paperweights. Do you know you can't leave it plugged in? Do you know you need to let the battery discharge to under 20% before you are supposed to re-charge the battery? Do you know they've changed to document that describes how to take care of your Surface Battery numerous times in the past few years because they can't get a handle on these battery issues? Be my guest and buy a Surface product today or next year but don't say you haven't been warned.
Wow, thanks for the heads up, my previous tablet(not a surface) suffered destruction in such fate! I frequently use my devices plugged in and most certainly will not tolerate another bloated battery! I was going to say the next Surface will be overpriced again until 2 generations later but this is the true dealbreaker, entirely non-negotiable.

Dale Walker

QuoteTo improve it, they first need to get a hold of the battery issues all Surfaces have experienced since the Surface Pro 3! Microsoft has dictated that you should only expect to use these products for 3 years before your battery expands and destroys your $1500.00 to $2000.00 system (with attachments of course). Are you willing to spend $500 to over $600 a year for a Surface product only to purchase a new one once those 3 years are over? You may want to research Surface battery issues before you even think about buying one of these overpriced paperweights. Do you know you can't leave it plugged in? Do you know you need to let the battery discharge to under 20% before you are supposed to re-charge the battery? Do you know they've changed to document that describes how to take care of your Surface Battery numerous times in the past few years because they can't get a handle on these battery issues? Be my guest and buy a Surface product today or next year but don't say you haven't been warned.

Nice anecdote there but I'll reply with my own.
Still on an SP3 and it's been great since I bought it 6 years ago. I wouldn't call my experience perfect with some minor issues but it's managed to be reliable a hell of a lot more than any Apple or HP product I've had to manage.

Virtal Peguin

I don't think Microsoft will make the Surface Pro 8 look any better than the ones before. If they do, they would kill the Surface Pro X, considering its high price.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview