News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo unveils the Yoga Slim 7i Pro, a Tiger Lake alternative to the Yoga Slim 7 Pro with better battery life and an optional NVIDIA GPU

Started by Redaktion, August 20, 2020, 15:25:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Yoga 6 and Yoga Slim 7 Pro may be attractive to fans of AMD's Ryzen 4000 Renoir series, but Lenovo has also announced a powerful Tiger Lake-based alternative. Called the Yoga Slim 7i Pro, the machine can be equipped with an optional NVIDIA GPU and apparently offers better battery life than the Yoga Slim 7 Pro.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-unveils-the-Yoga-Slim-7i-Pro-a-Tiger-Lake-alternative-to-the-Yoga-Slim-7-Pro-with-better-battery-life-and-an-optional-NVIDIA-GPU.488654.0.html

anaconda

This looks to be Intel paid article.
*apparently better battery life with shintel"

Explain that. For me it sounds the usual Intel fake news.

Also these Intel CPUs will come late this year, Renoir version are already in the selfs.

Kap

Quote from: anaconda on August 20, 2020, 16:34:37

Also these Intel CPUs will come late this year, Renoir version are already in the selfs.
I think it's possible that the Intel version would have a longer battery life than the AMD version.

Two reasons:
- Lately Intel variants get larger battery than the AMD versions. ie. 61 Wh vs ~50 Wh.
- It's common that the Intel variants have LPDDR4x compared to the regular DDR4 on AMD versions.

So, finally, the Intel chip will be 10 nm, instead of 14 nm. They may actually have longer battery life.

ChiDemDave

I purchased the Dell XPS 9300 4K 13" at the beginning of the year as my home/office machine.  I purchased an expensive Dell thunderbolt dock to power it and the 4k monitors.  I love the 16:10 aspect ratio and the higher than 1080p resolution.  However, the screen is a bit small overall, and the battery life is not great. I thought to myself, "I'd love to have this machine with a 14" 16:10 screen, bigger battery and a resolution closer to the MacBook that looks great but doesn't eat battery."  This is EXACTLY what I'm looking for in a productivity machine for my business.  I will likely sell my Dell and purchase this as soon as released.  Since I am not a gamer, the Intel GPU may actually be a better option for me.  It has hardware encoding for video recording that the MX GPUs do not.   Bottom line, Lenovo evidently read my mind.  I think this will be a good seller for those of us invested in Thunderbolt.  Otherwise, the AMD version will be just as good. 

ChiDemDave

I purchased the Dell XPS 9300 4K 13" at the beginning of the year as my home/office machine.  I purchased an expensive Dell thunderbolt dock to power it and the 4k monitors.  I love the 16:10 aspect ratio and the higher than 1080p resolution.  However, the screen is a bit small overall, and the battery life is not great. I thought to myself, "I'd love to have this machine with a 14" 16:10 screen, bigger battery and a resolution closer to the MacBook that looks great but doesn't eat battery."  This is EXACTLY what I'm looking for in a productivity machine for my business.  I will likely sell my Dell and purchase this as soon as released.  Since I am not a gamer, the Intel GPU may actually be a better option for me.  It has hardware encoding for video recording that the MX GPUs do not.   Bottom line, Lenovo evidently read my mind.  I think this will be a good seller for those of us invested in Thunderbolt.  Otherwise, the AMD version will be just as good. 

sirius85

Quote from: Kap on August 20, 2020, 17:02:56
Quote from: anaconda on August 20, 2020, 16:34:37

I think it's possible that the Intel version would have a longer battery life than the AMD version.

Two reasons:
- Lately Intel variants get larger battery than the AMD versions. ie. 61 Wh vs ~50 Wh.
- It's common that the Intel variants have LPDDR4x compared to the regular DDR4 on AMD versions.

So, finally, the Intel chip will be 10 nm, instead of 14 nm. They may actually have longer battery life.

It doesn't. I have the Yoga Slim 7 with AMD 4800u (8c/16t), with a 60wh battery.
I am easily getting 10+ hrs of battery (probably more, but i havent measured it tbh) on balanced/intelligent cooling mode, so I bet its even more if you switch to economy.
Performance wise, this little beast is on par with a desktop 2600 on balanced mode, and +30% (!) on performance mode (~1700 on cb15, ~1500 for sustained loads).

Those AMD 4xxx are wonderful little beasts, Intel really needs to come up with something quickly.

D20

anan

Is it possible that the 7i will get a Tiger Lake U processor instead of the H one? The 7 Pro comes without the dGPU and with an H AMD cpu. Given that the chassis is likely the same with a 45w limit the Intel one might come with a 25W U cpu to make room for the dGPU.
A 25W Intell U cpu is likely to get better battery life than AMD H cpu given the same battery capacity.

Guidone

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview