News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Eluktronics Matrix RP-17 Laptop Review: Core i9 Performance Without The Core i9 Price

Started by Redaktion, August 09, 2020, 22:26:13

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

At around $1100 USD, the Eluktronics RP-17 is about the same price as most Intel-powered versions with the same GeForce RTX 2060 GPU, but the Ryzen 7 4800H will be faster than any mobile Core i7 option you can find.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Eluktronics-Matrix-RP-17-Laptop-Review-Core-i9-Performance-Without-The-Core-i9-Price.484138.0.html

Agfsfhxzafhx

Stop being annoying. There is a technical reason why oems don't install better gpus with Renoir. Renoir has very few pcie lanes and they will bottleneck a higher than 2060 gpu.

DeepskyScorpion

No 2.5-inch SATA III support, cannot recharge via USB-C, no per-key RGB lighting? These are some funny downsides lol. Solid review and solid laptop overall.

DeepskyScorpion

Quote from: Agfsfhxzafhx on August 10, 2020, 07:52:26
Stop being annoying. There is a technical reason why oems don't install better gpus with Renoir. Renoir has very few pcie lanes and they will bottleneck a higher than 2060 gpu.

1. What evidence in solid numbers concluded by published test data do we have that pcie gen3 x8 bottlenecks a mobile full power 2070/super? 150w or 115w, whichever.

2. Renoir on desktop does have x16 sooooo

LL

Finally something to look for.

"no per-key RGB lighting "

This what puts me off with Notebookcheck.net reviews.
In reviews the standards are not the same, did the author criticized and listed every other laptop that lacked this?

Denis

The bleeding on the screen is much to excessive for me to tolerate, if this would be corrected, this could be a good choice.

A User

Spunjji

Quote from: Agfsfhxzafhx on August 10, 2020, 07:52:26

Absolute balderdash. Do a quick Google search and you can easily find a GamersNexus article comparing the GTX 1080 running on 8 lanes and 16 lanes of PCIe 3.0 - the performance difference is 1%. The mobile 2070 has basically the same performance as the desktop 1080, so there's your answer.

How about you stop being annoying with your repetition of falsehoods?

Spunjji

Quote from: DeepskyScorpion on August 10, 2020, 11:02:48
1. What evidence in solid numbers concluded by published test data do we have that pcie gen3 x8 bottlenecks a mobile full power 2070/super? 150w or 115w, whichever.

None whatsoever. I just did some more searching and found that even the 2080Ti only takes an average ~3% hit from running at PCIe 8x.

The funny bit is that even if this were true, having a competitive marketplace would mean combining these parts anyway and either selling them cheaper or letting the customer decide. But no. Apparently it's fine for OEMs to produce AMD-based laptops with single-channel RAM, but not fine for them to sell MD-based laptops with a high-end GPU because "muh 1% performance difference". Highly convincing stuff!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview