News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Apple iPhone 14 Plus smartphone review - Better than the iPhone 14 with a bigger display?

Started by Redaktion, October 27, 2022, 20:38:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The iPhone 14 Plus is Apple's first non-Pro 6.7-inch smartphone. Compared to the iPhone 14, the Plus version also features a significantly bigger battery, which nets it record numbers in our battery life tests. In this review, we will explore whether the iPhone 14 Plus is worth its 100-USD premium.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Apple-iPhone-14-Plus-smartphone-review-Better-than-the-iPhone-14-with-a-bigger-display.664500.0.html

OLED sucks

Heavy PWM at 59Hz makes this phone unusable for me :(
This result is MUCH worse than iPhone 13 (basic model) from 2021 (it had 610 Hz)

Ednumero

TY for taking a properly-oriented matrix photo! Best thing to do is to also clarify the PenTile issue when discussing resolution numbers, to prevent unfair comparisons of detail vs full matrices, but having a matrix photo whose orientation is clear is a huge first step in enabling readers to identify the presence of the issue.

Randomguydcdimming

Quote from: OLED sucks on October 27, 2022, 23:14:47Heavy PWM at 59Hz makes this phone unusable for me :(
This result is MUCH worse than iPhone 13 (basic model) from 2021 (it had 610 Hz)

The review clearly says it actually uses DC Dimming so this should be must better

JRUK

Quote from: Randomguydcdimming on October 31, 2022, 15:15:51
Quote from: OLED sucks on October 27, 2022, 23:14:47Heavy PWM at 59Hz makes this phone unusable for me :(

The review clearly says it actually uses DC Dimming so this should be must better

Having used a 14 Plus for a few hours I can say the PWM or other display feature is as bad as previous iPhones with OLED. I had strained eyes and a tension headache very quickly.

So far out of the 14 series I have tried (not used the 14PM) the standard 14 was the easiest to use but still gave me an uncomfortable motion sickness feeling. The 14 Pro was the worst giving me a migraine so bad I lost a day to it.

JustAskingAQuestion2

Is it really a 59hz pwm refresh rate on the backlight? it seems unbelievably low. This made me unsure I want one of the models

NikoB

And this is on smartphones, where you do not need to work with the screen for a long time (well, in the general case). And now imagine what it's like for people who, naively, bought working laptops with OLED and 15.6+ screens, where it is initially assumed that the owners can work for hours looking at the screen...

du57in

Why does the constant 59hz lead you to believe this is using DC dimming, when the constant 60hz on the iPhone 14 doesn't?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview