News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

PS5 vs Xbox Series X: Sony has already won a crucial battle in the next-gen console war with the jaw-droppingly sexy PlayStation 5 design - but it also needs to come in black

Started by Redaktion, June 13, 2020, 06:28:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Valantar

Quote from: Venger11888 on June 16, 2020, 16:49:05
From a marketing point of view - Design of PS5 is a definite win.  The energy created around its design choice is better than I think even Sony could have predicted. I personally like the design language.  Something different.  As far as how well the PS5 fits with your decor... over time folks get accustomed to all manner of items that are not considered works of art within their home.  Routers, sound bars, Cable Boxes, Air Fryers, security system panels....at the end of the day....function will outweigh form factor. The challenge is to create positive enthusiasm for design and still and still deliver on performance.   I think the PS5 has positioned itself very well for success.
I would like you to show me a router, cable box, air fryer or security system panel that is the size of a medium vacuum cleaner and is supposed to sit next to your TV. Please and thank you.

As for sound bars: show me one that isn't relatively neutral, and one that isn't explicitly designed to match a TV (as in: bar-shaped, wide and relatively flat, to sit beneath the TV)?

The point being: your examples are not very comparable to this. Yes, people get used to things, but that is dependent on a host of factors, from utility and design to size and placement (plus many others).

munchy22

really trying not to be bias but i hate the look of the ps5 it reminds me of my 2012-2013 super hub from virgin.  it made the xbox series look apealing in design and thats just a box.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview