News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

The Sony PlayStation 5 will win the next console battle, but the future belongs to Microsoft

Started by Redaktion, July 21, 2020, 14:13:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonym

Quote from: Owen on July 22, 2020, 13:49:51
For example, I want to play Fallout 2, can I buy it on the so claimed xbox x?
(...)
if i want to play old games why would I buy a new console?
Your circular argument pretty much answered itself.

Quote from: Owen on July 22, 2020, 13:49:51You basically need to buy all the games again. On the PC side, a new laptop/PC can always play all the games you already owned, plus new games.
No you don't. That's the whole point, Xbox now works like the PC always had: new consoles still play the older generation games without an additional purchase, both in digital or physical purchases. Also, just like the PC, those games can take advantage of the improved hardware without having to paying anything extra (i.e., you are not forced to buy a remaster like in the past). Furthermore, some of the Xbox purchases can also be played on a PC *free* of charge. That is not the Game Pass subscription, but rather the Play Anywhere feature in most of Microsoft first-party games.

Quote from: Owen on July 22, 2020, 13:49:51Also, in the first year of a console release there are hardly any games, you basically pay a huge premium to wait.
For the same reason anyone upgrades their hardware on PCs. It's not like they cannot play today's games (at some mediocre setting), or new games start being released just because they upgraded. Simply put, standards change over time and the hardware just got a lot better. You've actually made that argument in other comments as the big advantage for PCs. The thing you keep missing, or misunderstanding, is that the new consoles are not like the generations of old: if you already own an Xbox, all your game library will still work in the latest and greatest hardware -- just like the PC. If you time your upgrade cycles with the console releases, you'll get far better hardware for the same money by buying a console than with an equivalent PC at the same time of a new console generation release. That's just the fundamentals of the console business, with everything good and bad that arises from that.

Stylus

It doesn't matter if Microsoft were to turn gaming into Netflix esque because it takes a whole lot more than being different to get Sony and Playstation fanboys to make that switc. Besides, what are Microsoft's exclusives compared to Sony's? And to those that speaks of PC being a no brainer due to its versatile use in non-gaming usage, well you ought to know that users now owns both console and desktop. It's not like PC is expensive nowadays. And the fact that  console runs on even the biggest UHD 4K/8K Smart TV accompanied with a 9.1c Home Theatre beats PC hands down.

Owen

Quote from: Anonym on July 22, 2020, 15:47:55
Quote from: Owen on July 22, 2020, 13:49:51
For example, I want to play Fallout 2, can I buy it on the so claimed xbox x?
(...)
if i want to play old games why would I buy a new console?
Your circular argument pretty much answered itself.

Quote from: Owen on July 22, 2020, 13:49:51You basically need to buy all the games again. On the PC side, a new laptop/PC can always play all the games you already owned, plus new games.
No you don't. That's the whole point, Xbox now works like the PC always had: new consoles still play the older generation games without an additional purchase, both in digital or physical purchases. Also, just like the PC, those games can take advantage of the improved hardware without having to paying anything extra (i.e., you are not forced to buy a remaster like in the past). Furthermore, some of the Xbox purchases can also be played on a PC *free* of charge. That is not the Game Pass subscription, but rather the Play Anywhere feature in most of Microsoft first-party games.

Quote from: Owen on July 22, 2020, 13:49:51Also, in the first year of a console release there are hardly any games, you basically pay a huge premium to wait.
For the same reason anyone upgrades their hardware on PCs. It's not like they cannot play today's games (at some mediocre setting), or new games start being released just because they upgraded. Simply put, standards change over time and the hardware just got a lot better. You've actually made that argument in other comments as the big advantage for PCs. The thing you keep missing, or misunderstanding, is that the new consoles are not like the generations of old: if you already own an Xbox, all your game library will still work in the latest and greatest hardware -- just like the PC. If you time your upgrade cycles with the console releases, you'll get far better hardware for the same money by buying a console than with an equivalent PC at the same time of a new console generation release. That's just the fundamentals of the console business, with everything good and bad that arises from that.

I feel like explaining apple and yet you are talking orange. Anyway, let's call it an end and enjoy gaming in whatever format/platform we find comfortable, you have a good day.

Deon Daniel Williams

Playstation already has a streaming service plus it has ps now. They already do what Xbox is doing. Why would anyone want to play on Xbox when their favorite or most wanted games are on PS. The marketing for games is the reason Sony is winning. The games are what draw players. Xbox isn't doing what spotify is doing. They're is stadia that legit does the streaming already, that would be a fit for that comparison not xbox. Xbox connects with the pc but pc players rather be separate from consoles. To be really honest I think PS will eventually will be more willing to do cross play and connect with other consoles once they see the need in business. Which means when xbox or Nintendo beg for it, not just the players. Sony won't ever leave the top spot not for now. They have to many loyal fans now and business opportunities.

Saman

The past the present and the future belongs to Sony, what are you guys smoking? Better games = better sales format is simple. And Sony just went on shopping spree with developers and studios, they have much better scouts for great creators.

Jakh

All of this suffices to say... Or would, were it not for the sleeping dragon and the 364 kilogramme gorilla called Halo Infinite.

Yournewgod

Why is this no name site posting articles about consoles in the first place with so many sony queefs?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview