News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 laptop review: Comet Lake update doesn't add much

Started by Redaktion, July 13, 2020, 06:08:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

ThinkPad T400, T410, T420, T490. Lenovo's ThinkPad T series has followed the same naming scheme for more than a decade. That changes with the Lenovo ThinkPad T14, the latest model in the mainstream ThinkPad series for enterprise customers. But apart from the new name and a small CPU update, which provides a doubtful usefulness, there's not much new.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-ThinkPad-T14-laptop-review-Comet-Lake-update-doesn-t-add-much.480979.0.html

molnart

The review says the case is identical to T490 which did not have an RJ45 connector. The photos of the T14 show the connector, but the review does not mention it.

Benjamin Herzig

@molnart,
except that the T490 featured RJ45 as well: https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-ThinkPad-T490-i7-MX250-Low-Power-FHD-Laptop-Review.421150.0.html#toc-connections

playerone

What the difference with Comet Lake t490 (20RY0001US, for example)? Looks like they are't just very similar, looks like this is 100% same laptop.

Ziqiang Cheng

Looking forward to the review of the amd version of this. Curious to see the performance and battery life, heat management changes.

iblizt316

What about maintenance ?
There used to be a section about maintenance. The T490 maintenance consist of just a photo, no write up whatsoever.

Quote from: molnart on July 13, 2020, 10:15:06
The review says the case is identical to T490 which did not have an RJ45 connector. The photos of the T14 show the connector, but the review does not mention it.
They provided the wrong link, what you were seeing was T490s.

from the article:
QuoteWe'll start directly with the display; information about the case, ports, and input devices can be found in the review of the ThinkPad T490.
wrong link, links to T490s not T490 review.

I really appreciate the work your team doing but please don't sacrifice the quality. It is hard enough already to find high quality (commercial/business) notebook review.

Benjamin Herzig

Quote from: iblizt316 on July 16, 2020, 10:44:03There used to be a section about maintenance. The T490 maintenance consist of just a photo, no write up whatsoever.
Maybe you should look at the right review then, because I did a very detailed writeup on this topic: https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-ThinkPad-T490-i7-MX250-Low-Power-FHD-Laptop-Review.421150.0.html#toc-connections

iblizt316

Quote from: Benjamin Herzig on July 16, 2020, 21:09:45
Quote from: iblizt316 on July 16, 2020, 10:44:03There used to be a section about maintenance. The T490 maintenance consist of just a photo, no write up whatsoever.
Maybe you should look at the right review then, because I did a very detailed writeup on this topic: "link removed"
I guess, I did read the wrong review. Sorry.
In my defense the link were wrong so I just looked for a T490 review.

Thanks for fixing the links to T490, it is no longer pointing to T490s.

James A

I am interested to know what was the power slider or power management profile while conducting the benchmark. This is because in my benchmark score with Cinebench R20, I am noticing 500 score difference between Best Performance vs Better Performance(default) windows 10 power slider.

Benjamin Herzig

edoelas

I am planning to buy this same laptop but with the AMD processor, the 4750h, do you know if you are going to make a review of this laptop soon?

NonTrivial

I cannot believe how anybody can say that this laptop has a screen adequate for image editing. The panel is literally a 6-bit depth panel. No joke. This is CRT-from-the-1990s level of color accuracy and looks about as lifeless, especially for pure colors. I also cannot believe how the authors of this article can possibly miss such a stampeding elephant in the room.
Ah, yes, and the Fn key is placed left of the Ctrl key. Have fun with that.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview