News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

LG ups its audio performance with the LG V60 ThinQ: Significant upgrade on the LG G8 ThinQ

Started by Redaktion, July 10, 2020, 10:50:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

LG flagships are generally considered to have some of the best audio capabilities in the segment but the LG G8 ThinQ managed to disappoint when it made its way over to DxOMark. The LG V60 ThinQ has now also be tested, however, and appears to be a massive improvement across the board.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/LG-ups-its-audio-performance-with-the-LG-V60-ThinQ-Significant-upgrade-on-the-LG-G8-ThinQ.480922.0.html

Joe Black

The reason for the low score is probably because LG in auto mode is using voice bokeh function turned on - voice bokeh does destroy any semblance of sound quality and introduce noise cancellation on the level of iPhone 8 - aka grainy, low res, full of artefacts.
My ears bleed when someone is using LG V60 and forgets to turn it off.
LG is really dumb to have in enabled as default in a first place.

Pvcleave

Their audio test are a joke. The test is playing through the phone speakers. I just don't understand people today. This is why I always say people are idiots.

If audio quality was so important, you probably wouldn't be listening through the handset. They have the iPhone rated very high. If audio quality was important, you wouldn't be listening to an iPhone on the handset or on Airpods.

Ricci Rox

Quote from: Pvcleave on July 10, 2020, 15:47:31
Their audio test are a joke. The test is playing through the phone speakers. I just don't understand people today. This is why I always say people are idiots.

If audio quality was so important, you probably wouldn't be listening through the handset. They have the iPhone rated very high. If audio quality was important, you wouldn't be listening to an iPhone on the handset or on Airpods.

So, to be exact, you think a test is bad because you don't think it should exist in the first place?

JoeBlack

Quote from: Ricci Rox on July 10, 2020, 15:50:40

So, to be exact, you think a test is bad because you don't think it should exist in the first place?
If the test is made the way he described, it's utterly useless data and should not exist to fool customers.

Ricci Rox

Quote from: JoeBlack on July 10, 2020, 18:24:50
Quote from: Ricci Rox on July 10, 2020, 15:50:40

If the test is made the way he described, it's utterly useless data and should not exist to fool customers.

So, you have an issue with a speaker test in which audio is played through the speakers?

I don't quite understand.

OP's point is that true audiophiles don't listen to music through their speakers. True, but this doesn't masquerade as a test for audiophiles; it's quite simply a test for speaker playback and recording.

Sleme

Audiophile and phone speakers are like bacon to a Muslim. LG's 'audio quality' that attracts audiophiles is their built in DAC. Sounds as good as an external dac through the 3.5mm wired headphones.

So the 'audio quality' here is the quality of noise that comes out of the weedy phone speakers. Sheesh. Waste of time.

Prankey

How sorry you folks must be feeling for boasting of a half cooked benchmark without the true benchmark of V60's DAC while the absolutely hilarious part is DxOMarks referring it without even testing the same through Headphones output. Talk about dumbest folks on this planet

PenPen

Just as many people mentioned, DXOMark's audio test do not test QuadDAC headphone jack.  It tests audio output using the phone speaker.  It is truly useless test.  The more people blindly accepts DxOMark's audio test seriously, the less features we're gonna get.

Sadly, it is already happening.  LG opted to not implement QuadDAC on their newest Velvet phone.  Maybe they put a bigger speaker on the phone.  If they did, Velvet will get better DxOMark audio score and will save $$ for not incorporating QuadDAC, at the same time.   Doesn't it sound win-win for LG and DxOMark?  The ones who lose would be the consumers who are getting inferior audio w/o QuadDAC.

Jon Stombaugh

Lumberjake

Rating audio quality by speaker? Lol, no one cares about the sound quality out of a phone speaker because they all suck. Miraculously, people do listen to music via headphones where sound can achieve something beyond a 1980s am radio.
To summarize, don't bother claiming to rate audio if this is the bar you set. It's pathetic.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview