News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

First A12Z Bionic DTK Geekbench 5 benchmarks show Apple's transition holds immense promise; only a 28% in drop seen in single-core score compared to the MacBook Air 2020

Started by Redaktion, June 29, 2020, 21:25:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The first Geekbench 5 results of the Apple Mac Mini Developer Transition Kit (DTK) powered by the A12Z Bionic running macOS 11 Big Sur Developer Beta 1 have surfaced despite Apple's developer NDA being in force. The benchmark is running under a Rosetta 2 emulation and the performance deficit, though significant compared to the Core i5 MacBook Air 2020 and the iPad Pro, is understandable and in many ways, encouraging.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/First-A12Z-Bionic-DTK-Geekbench-5-benchmarks-show-Apple-s-transition-holds-immense-promise-only-a-28-in-drop-seen-in-single-core-score-compared-to-the-MacBook-Air-2020.477595.0.html

sarkaara

I am here to comment that I haven't used a mac for long time and not going to buy for long time in future. So even ARM becomes next big thing ... doesn't matter to me.   

grabs popcorn

Porkchop

Vaidyanathan

Quote from: Porkchop on June 30, 2020, 04:08:18
So being slower than an already sub-par thermally constrained machine is great promise?
No. But the "slower" is kinda unavoidable at this time.

Klos

What a stupid idea....si performance is not the next big thing, but wonder the masses with good ideas...

John-Paul Hunt

Intel and and got 3d made arm risc v CPU and Apu designs coming down the pipeline soon for mobile devices and desktops and laptops here guys. I'm not real worried as this is Microsoft now and the console makers in 2023 to adapt too as boot camp 2.0 will return as well. Next please trolls vs untrusting verification bot

Astar

Quote from: Vaidyanathan on June 30, 2020, 06:54:36
Quote from: Porkchop on June 30, 2020, 04:08:18
So being slower than an already sub-par thermally constrained machine is great promise?
No. But the "slower" is kinda unavoidable at this time.

No... you idiot! Only CrApple fangirls like you cook up ridiculous excuses for this. It is of course avoidable. By exercising the choice to use x86/x64 instead, specifically AMD for example.

This is much worse performance than the useless Mac Air, which is basically so thermally constrained that it is clocked to run at the level of a Intel Atom/Celeron device. Fail!

Axxantis

X86 architecture is becoming old. In a few years, not just Apple´s, but the majority of laptops will have some sort of a ARM SoC in it. It's the logical choice because the power to consumption ratio is so much better. If you want raw power you will stick to Intel (well, AMD for sure) for some more years to come. But that will also change. X86 architecture ir far from being the end of the story.

Astar

"only a 28% in drop seen in single-core score compared to the MacBook Air 2020"

Notebookchat has become a advertising crony for CrApple indeed.

More than a quarter slower than what is the slowest Mac portable device is considered promising? The writer's standards are shockingly pathetic.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview