News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

ThinkPad X1 Extreme Gen 3 & ThinkPad P1 Gen 3: Lenovo's slimmest mobile workstations gain LTE support

Started by Redaktion, June 17, 2020, 15:01:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

While the rest of the ThinkPad P series mobile workstation line receives bigger updates, the slimmest workstation ThinkPad P1 Gen 3 and its multimedia-counterpart ThinkPad X1 Extreme Gen 3 are smaller updates. The biggest add-on with this generation: LTE-A and Wi-Fi-6.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/ThinkPad-X1-Extreme-Gen-3-ThinkPad-P1-Gen-3-Lenovo-s-slimmest-mobile-workstations-gain-LTE-support.476736.0.html

Jorge Riquelme

ThinkPad X1 Extreme Gen 2 (and the P1 too) had a lot of widespread problems, some of them actually without fixes yet.

There was a widespread know keyboard missing keystrokes issue, repaired by a Software update after 10 months of first report.

Another minor thermal issues, including awful battery life with the 4K display, but also a chassis quality issue on the bottom cover.

Now, there's a driver issue on this model and also other ThinkPad models that limits the display brightness. Lenovo hasn't fixed yet.

This notebook is good overall, but doesn't worth the high price. Lenovo has dropped their quality too much.

Get a Dell XPS 15 or even a MacBook Pro 16" instead.

pb79

Apple did not fix keyboard during several years so waiting 10 months for firmware fix from Lenovo is much better result. Dell also have issues with XPS laptops that were not fixed.

Danwe

Completely agree that P1 / X1 Extreme need to improve overall quality and avoid these nitty issues.

On top of that we finally need a 16:10 screen. Until that happens Dell's new XPS 15 and 17 will save the day. MacBook Pro 16" is another option if you can live with MacOS and a touch bar.

Hmm

The X1 Extrene Gen1 was a good machine with poor quality control:
- Reviewers claimed 1050-1250 Cinebench 15 points (i7-8750H) while me identicL model only got 7o0 and 860 after a re-paste with Thermal Grizzly Cryonaut (no undervolting).

The Gen2 was an expensive disappointment about 10% slower which made no sense conaidering the price tag of $2500-4000.

The Gen3 (i7-10750H) will likely have similar performance scores as the 2 year old i7-8750H with faster GPU, but what we really need is the options of AMD Ryzen processors incl. 4800H, 4800HS, 4900HS.

At the moment a T14 and T14s (10% slower than T14 Ryzen due to weaker cooling system) is better value and faster for office work and multimedia unless you need that GPU (for Age of Empires 2: Definite Edition at 1080p maxed settings at 60FPS ;)

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview