News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Why the Exynos 992 is unlikely to get ARM's new Cortex-A78 or Cortex-X1 cores

Started by Redaktion, May 31, 2020, 10:48:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

A few sites have been reporting that Samsung's new Exynos 992 chipset that could feature in the Galaxy Note 20 line will incorporate ARM's new Cortex-A78 cores and in-house custom team Cortex-X1 cores. However, given both the minor name change and the Samsung's previous mid-year chip upgrade track record, it is likely to be nothing more than a die-shrink of the existing Exynos 990.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Why-the-Exynos-992-is-unlikely-to-get-ARM-s-new-Cortex-A78-or-Cortex-X1-cores.467196.0.html

S.Yu

If so, then it's not gonna get very far. We already know that Samsung's 5nm is projected to be a half-node mostly based on 7nm, more like 8nm was to 10nm than 7nm to 8nm.

Ahmed

Users were loud and clear.
Nobody wants Exynos, Samsung should just stick with Snapdragon chips and spend their RnD funds on something else.

Ayomide

God forbid i get a Samsung with an exynos chipset.. I was wondering why my families Samsung devices were getting slow and hot everytime and the camera quality was bad as compared to what I see on YouTube. If Samsung releases the Note 20 with an exynos and it's still not better than the 865 snapdragon, my family and friends are not upgrading..

S.Yu

Quote from: Ayomide on June 02, 2020, 06:34:25
God forbid i get a Samsung with an exynos chipset.. I was wondering why my families Samsung devices were getting slow and hot everytime and the camera quality was bad as compared to what I see on YouTube. If Samsung releases the Note 20 with an exynos and it's still not better than the 865 snapdragon, my family and friends are not upgrading..
I don't know what impression you're basing this on but this year's Exynos does not have notably worse processing than the SD version, they're just different and the Exynos is essentially better half the time.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview