News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Every AMD Ryzen 7 4800H laptop we've tested thus far have been outperforming the Intel Core i7-10875H and Core i9-10980HK, but there's a catch

Started by Redaktion, May 30, 2020, 20:04:51

Previous topic - Next topic

AwesomeBlackDude

Another article had claimed that Dell's G5 SE 4800h is the fastest and the closest to AMD in hardware design.  ???

davidm

I'm in AMD's court. My current desktop is Ryzen, I hope to have Ryzen in my next notebook. As a developer, multiple cores are important, but very often there are parts of a pipeline that come down to a single-core task, including presentation to the operator, especially in rapid change-compile-tests-interact cycles. So this is a clear advantage for Intel. If a task scales well to more cores, Intel can add more cores with decent IPC and they're still ahead, until AMD has better single core performance.

M kramer

Every AMD Ryzen 7 4800H laptop we've tested thus far have been outperforming the Intel Core i7-10875H and Core i9-10980HK, but there's a catch

Orlando Braceros

Hi. So, if AMD Renoir a better choice, why is it that AMD laptops are only paired with a lower AMD graphics chips or an RTX 2060 Max Q, and I have not seen any Renoir platform paired with RTX 2070 or higher from any manufacturers. I was kinda looking/hoping for Ryzen 4800H or4900H with a RX5700XTmobile or an RTX2070 Super. I'm looking for 1.
Just my observation.
Have a nice day.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview