News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

GTA 5, Civilization 6, Borderlands, and just maybe The Witcher 3: great, but who exactly are all these Epic games for, anyways?

Started by Redaktion, May 28, 2020, 19:10:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Randall

I understand the gta part. But is the Witcher price a typo? Because even though it's in sale right now on steam it's $11.99 and when not on sale it's $39.99 and I'm pretty sure that's just the base game.

Math17

What the heck is this article about? It appears to me that it have been written by someone who doesn't know anything about being a gamer.

Tetsu

Here's the thing though, plenty of people haven't bought or pirated it by virtue of not giving enough of a s***. That includes me and a third of my friends list on steam. Getting real presumptuous here.

Unrelated note, that "highly upvoted post" has 167 upvotes on a subreddit with less than 8000 subs. It's not really relevant to any discussion.

Kris

Easy, they are for people who want to play them. Mystery solved!

Consider this scenario:
You own a PS3, you buy GTA.
Then you buy a PS4 and GTA again.
Then you start playing more on PC and might want to get GTA again.

It's not that mind-blowing that the 120m sold copies aren't unique sales.

I recommend doing some research.

Nemanja

I am from southeast Europe and I grew up on pirated games. It wasn't even a choice, because even if I wanted to pay for a legal game (which I could not afford), the only originals in the country were the ones sent to journalists for reviews.

Nowadays I am happy to use platforms like Steam, GOG and Epic to purchase titles from my fav developers. A way to pay them back for happy childhood experiences.

As for Epic, the tactic worked in my case. I came from Steam (~300 titles) for free Xmas games, and ended up purchasing Phoenix Point and AC Odyssey shortly after.

EstebanRelei

Yeah, I've been wanting to play GTA V for years but it's too expensive for me and I really don't like to pirate games so this was really helpful

Goran Arsic

I don't understand purpose of this article. Epic is building consumer base enabling gamers to have libraries with good games for a start. It's a good strategy. Although i am Steam user, i think competition is a good thing and Epic is a serious player.

After giving away Surviving Mars and Mutant Year Zero i started buying from them, Borderlands 3 right away. Now I have Civ and can buy Rise and Fall for 5 euros so this franchise is locked for Epic, Borderlands 3 also

Matheus Gabriel Julian

Markm1990

Someone said:
I've been wanting to play gta all this time, but it was just too expensive for me.

Rlly? You have enough money for internet, but 8 dollars/10 euros for the most popular game in the world is too much?

Kris

"Rlly? You have enough money for internet, but 8 dollars/10 euros for the most popular game in the world is too much?"

Just as weirdly stated as the article.
Let's say that money is tight, internet would obviously be a better priority than games.
Also where,besides Argentina, can you find GTA V for $10? In most countries is over$20 and some over $40 on Steam.
Source: SteamDB

Snathony

The author is clearly a novice gamer and has superficial knowledge about the gaming industry in India and around the world

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview