News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Gen 9 Lenovo Legion 7i and 5i are official with understated looks and optional Core i9-14900HX

Started by Redaktion, January 09, 2024, 01:36:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Lenovo Legion 7i and 5i Gen 9 gaming laptops have landed at CES 2024 with up to an Intel Core i9-14900HX CPU, an RTX 4070 laptop GPU, 32 GB of DDR5-5600 memory, and 1 TB of storage. Both laptops feature high-refresh 16-inch screens, optional RGB keyboards, and a varied port selection.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Gen-9-Lenovo-Legion-7i-and-5i-are-official-with-understated-looks-and-optional-Core-i9-14900HX.790855.0.html

shippp

No this is the Slim 5i and Slim 7i 2024. They have renamed them (again) so the 7 Pro keeps its name. Also they are using 14th Gen HX (Raptor Lake Rebrand) CPUs instead of 13th Gen Core-H CPUs because the alternative would be Meteor Lake and soldered memory and less performance. Though with those high wattage 20C/28T (14700HX) and  24C/32T (14900HX) CPUs in such a small package I do not know what either the thermals or battery life are going to be like. HX chips are almost full desktop chips without the overclocking and last year had the same thermals. Whether its just going to be throttled down so you never see the full performance and still have decent levels of heat and battery life or the exact opposite, but at that point if you are going to have a loud laptop with short battery the answer is buy a bulkier one with better cooling

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview