News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

MSI GS66 Stealth 10SE in review: Classy gaming laptop with a 240 Hz display

Started by Redaktion, August 08, 2020, 05:33:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The hardware in the GS66 brings all the latest computer games smoothly onto the matte 15.6-inch screen (240 Hz, FHD, IPS). The rest of the equipment is also right: NVMe SSD, 16 GB of RAM (dual-channel mode), and a Thunderbolt 3 port.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/MSI-GS66-Stealth-10SE-in-review-Classy-gaming-laptop-with-a-240-Hz-display.484238.0.html

intlajs

Just imagine how will be good to get rid of that 14nm legacy CPU and put all that extra power and cooling space into better GPU.

JohnST

Why did you stop evaluating the quality of the keyboard in the text? This is a very important parameter on a laptop.

Jesse

The weight of the GS series keeps creeping higher every version.   I have an old one that is probably 400g lighter.

Also, I'm not a dell fan after owning a couple over the years, but even the lowly G5 you compare it to kicks a$$ in most categories.  Faster processor, arguably faster graphics, quieter, cooler, and around half the price.   An AMD cpu and gpu enable this kind of performance.  I can't wait until MSI starts offering more AMD options in it's laptops.    To be fair, the G5 doesn't have the 240hz screen and does weigh around 100g more.

Jesse

I noticed you did give the Dell G5 a higher review score just now, so bully for Dell for doing more for so much less money.

Jesse

You really should do a review of the ASUS ROG Zephyrus G15.  This is the direct competitor to the MSI G66.   The main difference between the two is that the Asus G15 uses the AMD 4800HS for the CPU.   Everything else seems to be identical.

alskdj

Quote from: Jesse on August 09, 2020, 00:58:31
but even the lowly G5 you compare it to kicks a$$ in most categories.  Faster processor, arguably faster graphics, quieter, cooler, and around half the price.   An AMD cpu and gpu enable this kind of performance.  I can't wait until MSI starts offering more AMD options in it's laptops.    To be fair, the G5 doesn't have the 240hz screen and does weigh around 100g more.
Do you refer to this notebookcheck.net/Going-all-in-on-AMD-Dell-G5-15-Special-Edition-Radeon-RX-5600M-Laptop-Review.477090.0.html laptop?
Unique 144Hz screen with 198Hz PWM screen on any level of brightness and bad temps. Also, google about mono hinge quality.

Bi0drainx

If you buy this laptop do not use xotic-pc the after the sale support will string you along and lie when it comes to issues, purchase this direct or from other resellers.

Eluktronicsium

The laptop CAN be charged via thunderbolt unlike what is written on this review. This is mentioned on other notebookcheck reviews as well. But it requires a 65W charger not a 45W one. Below 65W, it won't charge even a bit.

That's really one of the main selling points of this notebook, with a 100Whr battery bank with 65W delivery you can get 12+ hours of unplugged usage.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview