News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Epic Unreal 5 Nanite and Indian architecture: complicated pyramids coming soon to a Playstation 5 near you?

Started by Redaktion, May 14, 2020, 12:29:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Epic's recent Unreal 5 tech demo, Lumen in the Land of Nanite, showcased the engine's Nanite micro-polygon rendering system and seemed to draw heavily from intricate ancient and medieval Indian architectural orders. Will next-gen capabilities like Nanite allow developers to tackle environments that were just too hard to render on eighth-gen consoles?

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Epic-Unreal-5-Nanite-and-Indian-architecture-complicated-pyramids-coming-soon-to-a-Playstation-5-near-you.465559.0.html

Daburon Florent

HAHA, you made me laugh a lot, and smile also. You're post is more about Indian history than technology .... for the best. I found it really cool to read this and i like your analysis on the reason why there is not much video games over India and i really would like to see more games about it ! That really clever !

And most of all, if i have a big smile on my face it's because i've already been to pretty all places in India that you mentioned and it game me a lot of nostalgia !

Thanks a lot, do more like this !
Have a nice day !!!!

Arjun

Thanks, I really appreciate the comment :) It's awesome that you've been to all these places. I live in Kerala right now, right next to the beach. But I've been around too--I've seen Ajanta and Ellora and been around the North. The trailer just really struck me, it was a "well I've seen that somewhere before!" kind of moment.

Krishnendu

Really appreciate this post. I also found the rocks heavily inspired by the Kailashnath Temple as well.

As someone who has been trying to replicate the Hindu temples in 3D lately, Nanite just blew me away.

Just a suggestion, please don't mention Aryan-Dravidian any more. The Aryan invasion theory has already been debunked many times.

Arjun

Hi Krishnendu, I really appreciate your comment. Looking forward to seeing what devs like you come up with when Unreal 5 comes out next year!

I just wanted to clarify why I used the term Dravidian, though. There are valid reasons :)

The current consensus is that the IVC deurbanized due to extreme climate change, turning into the Cemetary H culture. However, there is indisputable evidence of the largely peaceful migration of Indo-Iranian nomadic tribes into the subcontinent at this time, a group of people who were distinct from the IVC lineage as recent DNA testing from the remains at Rakhigarhi go to show. These are people who identified ethnically as "Arya," giving their name to both Iran and Aryavarta. As a matter of fact, the earliest written words in Sanskrit can be found in Kikkuli's Horse Manual, a horse training guide from the middle eastern kingdom of Mitanni which was briefly ruled by these Indo-Aryan tribes circa 1500 BC. While the bulk of what we know strongly suggests that the IVC spoke a Dravidian language, that's a whole other line of discussion. To keep it short, Indo-Aryans did exist and they brought languages and traditions that hybridised with existing cultural aspects to give rise to modern Indian culture across the subcontinent. The hybridisation between different groups was eventually modulated by caste and endogamy giving rise to hundreds of different hybrid mini-ethnicities, each with different proportions of ancestries. Genetics have played a role in uncovering a lot of this. I'm currently reviewing LivingDNA (the review should go up in a couple weeks). I'm a speaker of a Dravidian language, Malayalam, and I live in Kerala. However, because of the history of my particular ancestry, my genetic makeup is pretty much identical to someone from northwest India despite the fact that my ancestors likely migrated here roughly 1000 years ago and have no recollection of the move. That test was fascinating and I'm excited to share it as soon as I get some more data points from their scientists.

That being said, my use of the term Dravidian here in the article wasn't actually with regards to the Aryan-Dravidian divide, which is something from the late Bronze Age. Rather, I'm using the standard, accepted terminology for South Indian temple architecture. There are two major schools of temple architecture in India: the Nagara school in the north and the Dravida school in the south. The Dravida school of architecture is called what it is for the same reason the term "Dravida" occurs in our national anthem: it means "South Indian." When talking about temples fronted by large gopurams, it's correct to refer to them as Dravida or Dravidian temples and it, again, has nothing to do with the ancient history aspect of that term.

Sighardt Schneider Köller

I would rather have here replicated whole 𝕬𝖑𝖙𝖉𝖔𝖗𝖋, oldest city of Mankind (Wereldhoofstadt Indogermania), from times of 𝔎𝔞𝔦𝔰𝔢𝔯 𝕾𝖎𝖌𝖒𝖆𝖗.

hkt

Quote from: Sighardt Schneider Köller on November 27, 2021, 20:50:06
I would rather have here replicated whole 𝕬𝖑𝖙𝖉𝖔𝖗𝖋, oldest city of Mankind (Wereldhoofstadt Indogermania), from times of 𝔎𝔞𝔦𝔰𝔢𝔯 𝕾𝖎𝖌𝖒𝖆𝖗.

Most prominent merit of itself by Anna Katharine Emmerick:

The first tongue, the mother tongue, spoken by Adam, Shem, and Noah, was different, and it is now extant only in isolated dialects. Its first pure offshoots are the Zend, the sacred tongue of India, and the language of the Bactrians. In those languages, words may be found exactly similar to the Low German of my native place.

In plain words: Adamic is Protoindoeuropean, its derivatives are indoiranian.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview