News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo ThinkPad 2020 Roadmap Leak: Affordable workstation P15v/T15p; X12, X1 Nano & X1 Titanium in Q4 2020 with Tiger Lake

Started by Redaktion, May 05, 2020, 00:50:01

Previous topic - Next topic

lliamander

Quote from: Benjamin Herzig on May 06, 2020, 03:07:23
Personally, it would seem more logical to me if the X12 is the detachable, since it is said to be a 12 inch detachable – X12 would fit with that.

I have got no idea what X1 Nano and Titanium are, but I don't think either will be a Chromebook – it would be quite strange tor Lenovo to do a X1 Chromebook (after all, X1 is the highest end ThinkPad line).

Having the X12 be a detachable wouldn't be consistent with their naming conventions.  The X13, T14, P15, etc. are all traditional clamshell laptops.  The nonstandard laptops (X1 Tablet, X13 Yoga, etc.) all have some special naming convention that separates them from the traditional clamshell.  I would expect that continue here.

You make a good point about the premium quality of the X1 series, but that doesn't mean you can't make a premium Chromebook. It would fit with the general X1 theme of highly-portable laptops, and the metallic connotations of both "chrome" and "titanium" make an easy association.

CH

What is up with all of the OEMs not using AMD chips? Sounds like collusion to me. AMD gaming laptops that are based on the new 7nm chips are flying off the shelves.

Benjamin Herzig

Quote from: lliamander on May 06, 2020, 19:57:25Having the X12 be a detachable wouldn't be consistent with their naming conventions.
Well: I am following the development of the ThinkPad series for a long time now and if there is one consistent thing – its that their naming is inconsistent & ever changing. ;D

Marcus01

No AMD, no party. My hope for this year is HP Omen 15. OEMs obviously have a deal, no premium laptops with AMD. HP Omen is the last hope. Leaks looks amazing, and I if chasis and cooling will be done right, it may kill new MBP 16 and upcoming XPS 15 and 17 on slow Intel processors. Might be THE choice for professionals in 2020.

lliamander

Quote from: Benjamin Herzig on May 06, 2020, 22:46:17
Well: I am following the development of the ThinkPad series for a long time now and if there is one consistent thing – its that their naming is inconsistent & ever changing. ;D

Fair enough.  I guess we'll see :).

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview