News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

RDNA 2.5? Rumor says PS5 to include some exclusive RDNA 3 features

Started by Redaktion, May 02, 2020, 08:13:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Valantar

Quote from: Sanjiv Sathiah on May 04, 2020, 01:32:00
@Valantar "unsubstantiated rumors" -- oxymoron much? That's what rumors are by definition -- unsubstantiated. Hence the headline and why I wrote "if the rumor has any truth to it" in the article.
I dont think that's the word you're looking for. "Substantiated rumor" would be closer to an oxymoron. Pleonasm?

Nonetheless, I would say an important part of a journalist's role in covering rumors is to check the veracity of rumors, so no, in this case I think specifying that the rumor is unsubstantiated (rather than one that has been looked into in some way, no matter the result) is of value. Also, if that's your takeaway from what I wrote... Seriously, please take a step back and think this through. Accepting criticism is difficult, but getting defensive like this doesn't help anyone.

Sanjiv Sathiah

@Valantar Who is getting defensive? You've made criticisms of what has been written and I have done you the courtesy of responding to them. I stand by the article as something of interest, and which has been clearly identified as a rumor and one which should be questioned. Doesn't mean the article shouldn't have been written.

Valantar

Quote from: Sanjiv Sathiah on May 04, 2020, 09:03:42
@Valantar Who is getting defensive? You've made criticisms of what has been written and I have done you the courtesy of responding to them. I stand by the article as something of interest, and which has been clearly identified as a rumor and one which should be questioned. Doesn't mean the article shouldn't have been written.
I have never said the article shouldn't have been written, I've just said that I find the contents of the article unbalanced, uncritical and of poor journalistic quality. You are obviously both allowed to disagree and to stand by the article - I've never claimed that you don't have the right to have an opinion different to mine, after all. As for being defensive: I have presented several specific and detailed questions about and critiques of your writing and your initial response, to which you responded not by presenting an argument against mine, but by singling out a two-word phrase from my post and calling it an oxymoron - in other words, rather than engaging with the contents of my post (a courtesy which I have done you) and presenting arguments as to why you disagree, you instead attempt to make me look stupid by attempting to make fun of my writing. Not only is this defensive, it is quite immature. If this is the type of response you are "doing me the courtesy of" posting, I don't see much value in that.

I would also very much like to see how my posts here have in any way been defensive - like I have shown above about your response. Sure, I have spent a bit of time fleshing out my arguments and explaining my thinking, but if you're reading that as defensiveness ... how then would one have any kind of discussion without being defensive?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview