News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Microsoft Surface Book 3 prices and configurations revealed; Up to 32 GB of RAM, a 2 TB SSD and NVIDIA GTX or Quadro GPUs to be offered

Started by Redaktion, April 21, 2020, 16:43:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Revealed to be starting at US$1,699.99, the Surface Book 3 will come with up to 32 GB of RAM, a 2 TB SSD and an NVIDIA Quadro GPU. 13.5-inch and 15-inch variants are on the way, as are NVIDIA GTX GPUs, apparently. Possibly the GTX 1650 Max-Q and GTX 1660 Ti Max-Q, the jury is still out on whether the Surface Book 3 will feature Comet Lake-U or Ice Lake-U processors. There is a chance that Microsoft will offer both architectures, though.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Microsoft-Surface-Book-3-prices-and-configurations-revealed-Up-to-32-GB-of-RAM-a-2-TB-SSD-and-NVIDIA-GTX-or-Quadro-GPUs-to-be-offered.462118.0.html

John Brown

all well and good... but until it has a P3 or similar gamut NON-REFLECTIVE screen it's kind of moot for me...
all Surface devices to date are like mirrors, which is awful if working in a cafe or such with uncontrolled ambient light sources

Gurkan Celikkol

I wonder why I cant see RTX 2080 super or other RTX s there. Also I was expecting an AMD 4800u processor there for midrange budget. Disappointed..
:'(

Krishna

May
Quote from: Gurkan Celikkol on April 21, 2020, 19:24:55
I wonder why I cant see RTX 2080 super or other RTX s there. Also I was expecting an AMD 4800u processor there for midrange budget. Disappointed..
:'(

These are the ones that are leaked by benchmarks. So those may still exist as options - just not leaked yet.

Joe blow

I have owned surface book original and surface book 2 13 and 15 inch models. they always present as premium machines when first purchased but cause continuous challenges and headaches with dysfunctional drivers, poor hardware usage and very poor performance for simple tasks such as Outlook email.  I won't be getting this next version due to this.

Nicholas

I have been using the Surface Book 2 for over a year and have has zero issues with it. I love this device, and cannot wait for the newer version. I was a since and got the 256gb version of the 15in, which was a mistake, but nonetheless, it's an amazing machine.

Stanley Garrett

I started my own business and I needed a portable device for content creation. I purchased a SB2 15" i7 512gb GTX1060 16gb of ram over a year ago. I've created countless digital content with it and developed many Enterprise testing environments for development work. It has never let me down. So, I'm all in on the SB3 with 32gb of ram and 15" screen. This machine is a power horse. It has been the absolute single laptop I have used with 0 issues. I had a Dell XPS 15" 9560 with similar specs, 32 gb ram and a GTX1050. What it lacked was the precision of the touch screen with the surface pen and the detachable screen design essential for content creation. The only negative being the placement of the headphone jack. The screen aspect ratio 3:2 is excellent for my type of work and the power is definitely their.

Frank Feng

The sweet spot is 32gb+1tb for both screen sizes.
But then the high base price of $1699 for 8+256 will deter 99.9% buyers from even considering the Surface Book line where reflective/wobbly screen, pen input lag, lack of TB3, hinge gap, tablet detachment bug, power draw are common issues yet to be resolved over these years.

phila_delphia

Quote from: Frank Feng on April 22, 2020, 20:09:09But then the high base price of $1699 for 8+256 will deter 99.9% buyers from even considering the Surface Book line where reflective/wobbly screen, pen input lag, lack of TB3, hinge gap, tablet detachment bug, power draw are common issues yet to be resolved over these years.

I agree with you. I was super satisfied with the Surface Book 2 - until the Lenovo Yoga c940 15" came along. It has some flaws, but I do not have to detach teh screen to use it in class, it has TB3, the input lag is o.k. and it sports a realy CPU while amlost being as light as the TB 2 13,5 - and yet the c940 costs less and I can repaste it and replace the battery without any hassle.

Best regards

phila

P.S.: Still -> Lenovos Service sucks!

_MT_

Quote from: Frank Feng on April 22, 2020, 20:09:09
The sweet spot is 32gb+1tb for both screen sizes.
But then the high base price of $1699 for 8+256 will deter 99.9% buyers from even considering the Surface Book line where reflective/wobbly screen, pen input lag, lack of TB3, hinge gap, tablet detachment bug, power draw are common issues yet to be resolved over these years.
Just like with Apple, I could get over the premium base price. Although I find it annoying that they don't offer NBD service for that kind of money. Although it would be useless in the case of Surface as it's not even officially sold where I live. What really pisses me off are the inflated charges for RAM and storage. It's gauging.

_MT_

Quote from: phila_delphia on April 22, 2020, 23:20:21
I agree with you. I was super satisfied with the Surface Book 2 - until the Lenovo Yoga c940 15" came along. It has some flaws, but I do not have to detach teh screen to use it in class, it has TB3, the input lag is o.k. and it sports a realy CPU while amlost being as light as the TB 2 13,5 - and yet the c940 costs less and I can repaste it and replace the battery without any hassle.
Unfortunately, C940 has a 16:9 screen. That just sucks. Frankly, the only reason I even look at Surface devices is that 3:2 aspect ratio. They have quite a few rather annoying properties that would disqualify them immediately. However, I want vertical space so much I would consider overlooking them. I can do 8:5 but not 16:9. I would consider detachable screen a plus if I wanted to use the device as a tablet but I can live with permanently attached base and I know it makes the engineering simpler (e.g. it's much easier to keep the weight down).

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview