News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Different motherboard same result: Intel Core i9-10900K chip's latest Geekbench multi-core score still can't surpass AMD's Ryzen 9 3900X

Started by Redaktion, April 10, 2020, 10:59:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The upcoming Intel Core i9-10900K processor has been spotted speeding along on Geekbench 5, reaching a maximum frequency of 5.08 GHz. The Comet Lake chip in combination with an MSI Z490-S01 motherboard racked up a very strong single-core score but still stuttered behind the AMD Ryzen 9 3900X in the multi-core test.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Different-motherboard-same-result-Intel-Core-i9-10900K-chip-s-latest-Geekbench-multi-core-score-still-can-t-surpass-AMD-s-Ryzen-9-3900X.460758.0.html

william blake

each of iterations after kabylake is less and less efficient, prepare to be demolished by reviewers, intel.

fdsofldmos

Quote from: william blake on April 10, 2020, 11:22:19
each of iterations after kabylake is less and less efficient, prepare to be demolished by reviewers, intel.
Yeah, because they keep adding cores and increasing frequency on the same node...

dk404

10 cores @ 165W vs 12 cores @ 105W
16.5W/core (intel) vs 8.75W/core (amd)
Yeah, no question asked. They definitely bury them,...

william blake

Quote from: fdsofldmos on April 10, 2020, 12:32:27
Yeah, because they keep adding cores and increasing frequency on the same node...
no. efficiency is about performance divided by consumption or vice versa. take the same number of cores at the same frequency and earlier lake versions will consume less.

Stormblessed

Even if they do squeak out single core by a bit, with the Ryzen 4000 desktop chips we can probably expect another 15%-20% IPC uplift. That basically makes their faster boost clocks insignificant imo, but only time will tell. You can root for the underdog(Intel) if you want, competition is good for everyone.

With smaller processor nodes, maximum freq will likely keep decreasing. The future is more cores, higher IPC, and improving architecture.

piranha

you do realize its not even fully optimized yet, so i bet it can go up in performance, and add overclocking.. dunno if id upgrade from a 9900kf though.. depending on the price

ShipHull

Intel wins gaming once again. That MSI motherboard isn't even top-notch, and it still goes 4.8 on all cores. AMD is better for those who run programs that take advantage of AMD's threads. I do wish Intel would switch to 7nm processing for efficiency, though. They've mastered 14nm. :(

Abdul Moiz

Oh c'mon that is absolute AMDestruction

A 10 core 14nm part ... Touching AMDs 7nm 12 core processors is just too good
Intel is killing it

Cory

This is a bullshit article.. Intel beats at single but loses at multi-core. Well no s*** jeebus..

And is running 2 more cores. I'll fuckn die when this chip is optimized and a new refreshed motherboard comes into play.  10900k will be 18% higher then the 3900k. Sure it will spend more energy, but I don't give a s***. I wantore speeeeeeeeeeed. I wish Intel naked their voltage upto 250watts..

Alexander Perlaza

Quote from: piranha on April 12, 2020, 15:28:29
you do realize its not even fully optimized yet, so i bet it can go up in performance, and add overclocking.. dunno if id upgrade from a 9900kf though.. depending on the price
as for upgrading it's not worth it but if you want a new first time build it's excellent. You'd have to change your motherboard if you want to upgrade

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview