News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Huawei P40 Pro Review - Smartphone with an impressive camera

Started by Redaktion, April 09, 2020, 16:54:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

In our review, the Huawei P40 Pro presents itself as a great piece of hardware not least due to the fact that it is equipped with the best smartphone camera out there. We expected nothing less. Unfortunately, the ban from Google services makes a clear recommendation difficult. Read on to find out which users should still consider the Huawei phone and what drawbacks need to be taken into account.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Huawei-P40-Pro-Review-Smartphone-with-an-impressive-camera.460225.0.html

Simon Wang

I use Matepad Pro which runs EMUI 10 as P40 does. To install Google apps, rooting is not necessary, but it does take some effort.

Absurdeouconscient

Bonjour, avant tout MERCI beaucoup pour les tests NOTEBOOKCHECK qui sont les plus fiables du monde a ma connaissance !

Mais puisque la consommation electrique est la plus faible des 3 derniers smartphones Huawei P30 PRO, MATE 30 PRO et P40 PRO, comment est ce possible que l'autonomie diminue beaucoup plus que les autres ? Oo

Les APK qui n'exigent pas les services google play et qui ne sont pas disponibles sur l'APPGALERY fonctionnent toutes parfaitement ? Android WEBVIEW aussi ?

Mike69300

Review from a lambda user : one week at home with P40 pro

To start, i am disapointed, i have during the last year : P30 pro then MI9T. I decided to sell my Xiaomi to purchase P40 pro.

Design : Huawei takes slightly consummer as stupid. This should be sanctionned. The overal look of the front is far, far far away from reality. The edges on top and down of the phone are in reality massive. The pseudo marketing advantage of " 4 edges screen " is nothing but a fake argument. As previous user of P30 pro, i can assure you their is no visual difference when the phone is inside a bumper.

In front, their is this big, massive hole, which to be honnest at first sight thought it will not disturb me, but finally, i keep watching this hole instead of watching my screen content. It's crazy to have all tendency in the smartphone market to reduce this hole, and Huawei comes with a 1000+€ phone with the... bigger hole in the market ever.

Arguments are " this hole has 3D camera to have highly accurate and fast face recognizion". My MI9T had a better face recognition. When i woke up, still lying in the pillow, the MI9T could turn on with face reco. Here the p40 pro does not suceed this. Okay, this is less secured, but to be honnest, the day someone stole your phone, he will suceed to take your data, in a way or other.

The overall feeling at hand : this is the first phone i can handle with one hand without being afraid it slides away. The overal grip is very good.

The screen : not highly excited about it. The colors are less pleasant to eyes than the AMOLED screen of my previous MI9T. The brightnees is not so good. Under sun, you can not answer to a message. On the car, the sun gives no clarity for map direction for exemple. The 4 edges bumper makes something weird and ugly. The corners of the screen phone are... strongly rounded. This makes a screen with a oval shape. It's enough to cut some parts of keyboards touches. The enter and the num pad down the keyboard are 40% cutted. This gives a slight feeling of... conception error.

The camera : Disapointed again. Okay some pictures are nice, but so many marketing communication increase so much consummer expectation ! Their is nothing unbelievable with this phone. I liked the macro mode on P30 pro, Huawei put it away. The video quality for the commercial software is not AS good as marketing review on internet.
A lot, lot, lot of pictures are blurred. The minimal distance between phone and object to have a focused image is really huge ! I would say, you can not take a proper picture of your dog if you are less than 30 cm away. A lot of pictures are blurred too if the object is moving. Some parts are focused, some are not. Making for example my dog with perfectly focused eyes but totally blurred ears.

Google Service : no surprise, their is no GMS here. Not a big deal honestly, you can succeed to find correct alternative

Personalization : f***; it's a 1000+€ phone and you need to pay 1-2€ if you want to download themes ? Lack of personalization with icons.

Positive points : battery life ( of course with such low screen brightness !) / communication clarity / network reception ( i feel like Huawei phones have better network connexion

Other negative points : the tendancy of Huawei to reduce maximum labels in order to save money ( no gorilla glass, no stereo speakers, no brightness on top, no AMOLED) but still selling phones on top. My P30 pro screen was soo fragile. A slight contact key-screen and it's done, you scratched it.

In overall, DONT BUY THIS PHONE, way too expensive. I returned it.

Sohail

Thanks for sharing these great tips about blog commenting. Keep up the great work.

huawei nova 7i

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview