News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Amazon has world's cheapest AMD Ryzen 7 4800H and RTX 2060-powered Asus laptop for pre-order at an incredible US$1199

Started by Redaktion, March 29, 2020, 13:36:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex554

Quote from: william blake on March 30, 2020, 09:54:45
Quote from: Alex554 on March 30, 2020, 09:35:53
this is "appropriately priced", but it's by no means cheap.
lowest price on the market or close to it=cheap.
you call it appropriately priced? fine. what is cheap then?
lmfao
It's the ONLY 4800H laptop out there at the moment. Of course it's the "lowest price on the market". Because there's literally no competition rn.
And yes, I'm not counting Intel because their i9 pricing is absurd. I'm saying it's "not cheap" by AMD standards.

brownfox

Alex544

Quote from: william blake on March 30, 2020, 09:54:45
Quote from: Alex554 on March 30, 2020, 09:35:53
this is "appropriately priced", but it's by no means cheap.
lowest price on the market or close to it=cheap.
you call it appropriately priced? fine. what is cheap then?
And to answer your question, $1000 would be considered cheap. That's what China has it selling for and what it should be priced in the US as well if it weren't for these bad times.

william blake

Quote from: Alex554 on March 30, 2020, 10:47:42
lmfao
It's the ONLY 4800H laptop out there at the moment. Of course it's the "lowest price on the market". Because there's literally no competition rn.
And yes, I'm not counting Intel because their i9 pricing is absurd. I'm saying it's "not cheap" by AMD standards.
renoir>>>picasso, what a surprise.
this combination of hardware(yes we can count 8 fast cores without naming a manufacturer) is the cheapest but not cheap?
i'd better buy something more expensive to make the deal better. sounds really strange, dont you think?

Dmc5967

Bob of all Trades on You Tube yesterday reviewed the Asus Tuf 506 Ryzen 7 4800h with gtx 1660ti, big problems with the display which he predicts many people returning the laptop.... Hopefully Asus will find a fix otherwise I'm sticking with Intel, which should see prices dropping.....

Alex544

Quote from: william blake on March 30, 2020, 11:48:26
Quote from: Alex554 on March 30, 2020, 10:47:42
lmfao
renoir>>>picasso, what a surprise.
this combination of hardware(yes we can count 8 fast cores without naming a manufacturer) is the cheapest but not cheap?
i'd better buy something more expensive to make the deal better. sounds really strange, dont you think?

Is it really a better deal? You're paying $200 more for 2 more cores, but a huge downgrade in screen quality.
I don't know why you're trying to argue. $1200 is undeniably way less appealing than $1000.

Driz

According to an ASUS reply to amazon regarding this laptop the RTX 2060 is 6GB and not a 'MAX-Q'

"This model comes with NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 GDDR6 6GB."

Does this make a difference to all the max-q is a 1660ti replies?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview