News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

AMD Ryzen 7 4800H forces Intel to build 8-core i7-10875H: scores 8369 in leaked Geekbench listing

Started by Redaktion, March 29, 2020, 13:09:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Spunjji

Quote from: nbt on March 30, 2020, 20:18:45
I believe because both are 16 threads, AMD won't be faster in anything. I was seeing how New Xeon R is somewhat faster than Epyc both 48 threads w/o AVX and w/o changing architecture in 14nm++ still. It means AMD's much Higher L3 catche is not necessarily able to catch up to Intel (the Intel needed 25W more based on TDP which is not a lot in 205W). If intel increases catche in xeon ice lake, it will beat AMD badly they can do nothing.

You remind me of a guy who spams Anandtech claiming that L3 cache is the secret sauce to better performance. It's not quite that simple - they don't just get to "increase the cache" without redesigning most of the architecture around that.

Until Intel can show their 10nm Xeon designs in datacentre-level quantities, we'll have no idea how relevant they are to the market.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview