News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

15W Ryzen 5 4650U demolishes 25W i7-10710U in leaked FireStrike graphics bench: Vega 6 iGPU is 80 percent faster

Started by Redaktion, March 07, 2020, 12:06:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Ace

Quote from: ProDigit on March 09, 2020, 05:24:50
That will be the most useless feature ever! What are you going to use dpp for?
Gaming barely uses single precision (16bit), and half precision in other parts!
Double precision is only good for CAD design, or 3d modeling. Not games. It's just a waste of processing power
PRO processors are not intended for gaming, though.

Rico Mico

I cannot believe that the AMD 3xxx or even the newer 4xxx U parts have latency issues or x265 playback drops. I have a surface go with a slow Pentium Gold and x265 HDR 4K is played without issues on the screen (windows 10).

I can imagine that windows and / or the AMD drivers aren't well optimized, that I would accept. I had AMD a lot of years ago, the CPU were crazy good, the GPU drivers... garbage. I can accept that AMD still didn't improve it...

A

@ProDigit - Wait... are you saying that work laptops have features that are useless for gaming and are only useful for work? SHOCKER! This just in, WATER IS WET! I repeat, water is wet!

@Rico Mico - AMD drivers are a ton better than they used to be once they got rid of catalyst mess. Early mobile Ryzen drivers were also a mess, but that comes with a new platform. That said, like all things, reporting of issues will always be a matter of adoption. The more people use something, the more feedback you get for issues and optimizations are made. Windows 10 was programmed with Intel in mind as they made up majority of the marketshare, hence why MS missed simple things like patches bricking AMD computers in the past.

But right now, Intel is having yield issues and AMD is now winning on performance. Hence MS decided to become serious about optimizing Windows 10 for AMD processors. So we should see a lot of improved performance in the coming year on certain operations.

william blake

Quote from: Rico Mico on March 09, 2020, 07:46:18
I cannot believe that the AMD 3xxx or even the newer 4xxx U parts have latency issues or x265 playback drops. I have a surface go with a slow Pentium Gold and x265 HDR 4K is played without issues on the screen (windows 10).
I can imagine that windows and / or the AMD drivers aren't well optimized, that I would accept. I had AMD a lot of years ago, the CPU were crazy good, the GPU drivers... garbage. I can accept that AMD still didn't improve it...
what the..
1. amd 3xxx media engine sucks.
2. amd 4xxx media engine is different and should be fine.
3. amd latency issues is the same thing as latency issues in intel server and hedt chips. low core count with no scalability-low latency. high core count-high latency. arch feature, not issue.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview