News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Xiaomi updates the Mi A1, still no Android 10

Started by Redaktion, February 28, 2020, 10:03:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Although it has been confirmed that Android 10 will not hit the Mi A1 via any official channels, some users still hope that Xiaomi might release the third major update for this handset. However, this month's update is nothing more than the regular security patch, dated February 1 and based on Android Pie.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Xiaomi-updates-the-Mi-A1-still-no-Android-10.454821.0.html

Lenet

I also updated my mi A1 and after the my camera is working weird it's. The camera display is horizontal even I am holding my phone portrait mode.

Notice also my flashlight is disabled and cannot be click.

Archangel

Well, we cannot give up wet, cause there's a spark of hope, recently I've saw some articles claiming mi a1 will be eligible for MIUI 12, although, IDK how it will be done and works, hope we get it and don't suffer any data loss...

miuser

Unfortunately, LineageOS isn't running on Android 10 yet either. LineageOS 16 available from the link in the article is still based on Android Pie. Nightly means that it's still in active development with automated new builds (each night), by the way, and doesn't refer to anything shady.
There is an experimental build, LineageOS 17, using Android 10 on Mi A1. But soon after the first builds the developer baled and there hasn't been any news there since fall 2019. So there's your adventurous option that we should cross our fingers will find new developers.

Aaron

You do know that the a1 has already had it's two upgrades.. It won't get Android 10

Jackbteaching

Appreciate the article on the mi a1. I am also getting the monthly security update, and am on Pie as well.
Curious to see how many more monthly updates will come considering I'm just about passing 2 years of ownership.
Plenty of devices, especially tablets, running on older versions of Android, just use verified apps and VPN, not sure how to be safer after updates end.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview