News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo Yoga C940-14IIL Laptop Review: Premium Ice Lake convertible is a strong competitor for the Dell XPS 13

Started by Redaktion, October 15, 2019, 19:39:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Pea

Thanks for a suberbly objective review.

I have the 4k version. A simple check with  camera doesn't reveal obvious pwm strobing. I bought it not just for the screen but as importantly for the 1TB SSD.

General impression so far is of a very nicely designed and built computer. My one, subjective, quibble is that the fight to make this machine as light as it is has led to the back being made of metal that feels thinner than the average beer can. It tends to flex and click when I handle the machine. A protective slip case is on my Christmas wish-list.

I bought my Yoga knowing that the higher performance display would drain the battery more quickly than the headline figures suggest. A full charge looks to give me around 7 hours of normal word processing, spreadsheet bashing, surfing and presentation prep. Acceptabl but not special. I have no view of what video display or intensive gaming might do to battery life.

Ebra

Hi Mike, how long did it take to arrive? It says 2-3 weeks?

Quote from: Mike Pea on December 11, 2019, 23:54:13
Thanks for a suberbly objective review.

I have the 4k version. A simple check with  camera doesn't reveal obvious pwm strobing. I bought it not just for the screen but as importantly for the 1TB SSD.

General impression so far is of a very nicely designed and built computer. My one, subjective, quibble is that the fight to make this machine as light as it is has led to the back being made of metal that feels thinner than the average beer can. It tends to flex and click when I handle the machine. A protective slip case is on my Christmas wish-list.

I bought my Yoga knowing that the higher performance display would drain the battery more quickly than the headline figures suggest. A full charge looks to give me around 7 hours of normal word processing, spreadsheet bashing, surfing and presentation prep. Acceptabl but not special. I have no view of what video display or intensive gaming might do to battery life.

02nz

So 2 years later, a whole new core, a much-ballyhooed (and much-delayed) 10 nm process ... and this performs almost identically to the Yoga 920 from 2017 with the i7-8550U. Iris Plus graphics is the only significant improvement.

fdsofldmos

For the guys complaining about not getting more performance compared to last gen keep in mind that the 1065G7 runs at a much lower frequency compared to 8550U while giving better performance.
So the core is much better but the process is still holding it back.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview