News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

This is HP's Answer To The Apple MacBook Pro: 2020 Envy 15 Creator Core i7 Review

Started by Redaktion, August 11, 2020, 06:54:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Hermey

What is your opinion on this compared to the Dell Alienware M15 r3?

Costco has an Envy 15, with the same reviewed specs except 32GB of DDR 2933 SDRAM, a 1TB NVMe M.2 SSD and Windows Pro for $1,899.

A similar spec'd R13 with the 2070 Super is $300 more. I'm headed to a Robotics master's program, I mostly play Civ VI, and I'm trying to figure out what computer to buy. Thoughts?

Denis

Well it's surprisingly good, coming from HP, the screen is awesome, with no bleeding and excellent response times, it just lacks 144hz, the cpu/gpu combo is solid, the heat is under control, dual M.2 slots, a good solid laptop. Of course it's a little loud for my taste, the strange FN quirks and the sizing of the up/down arrows, is slightly annoying.

Earl J

Quote from: TomBaz on August 15, 2020, 12:26:45
Thanks for the repose. One more thing. Their are different color profiles. Would any of the profiles make it better? If then then I guess it really is a hardware issue. I've had a matte screen laptop and never got used to it. Now that I'm getting a new laptop, I want the cleanest image possible which is why I'd prefer glossy.

A little late to reply, but I've been using this laptop for the past two months, and I'm very pleased with it.  For the color profiles, the Default is best, as it gives you the highest gamut across (sRGB 100%, NTSC 92%, AdobeRGB 94%, P3 99%).  Avoid the Native profile, as it drops all values significantly.

Suedezu

I'm seriously considering this laptop in this exact configuration (4k screen, RTX 2060 etc.)

I'm interested in the overall satisfaction with this laptop, especially with people that have this laptop for more than 2 months.

1. How good is the screen? Do you notice any flaws with the screen like blurriness, fuzziness?

2.  How long does the battery last doing light office use (browser, Word or Excel, antivirus etc.)? How do you like the keyboard or trackpad? I do a lot of typing in word and need a good keyboard. I currently have a 4 years old Inspiron 7559 and I like it's keyboard and need a similar typing experience.

3. I'm also interested in how this laptop does with photo editing. I use Adobe Bridge and Photoshop. Is the laptop snappy in PS?

4. Are you happy with the Optane SSD solution or would you swap it for something faster like a Samsung EVO Nvme? How fast does the laptop copy files to/from USB sticks?

Thanks in advance for any input!

DropTop

How come screen brightness isn't uniform? Poor design? I have not allot of knowledge of amoled but I thought the leds shine ( when new ) evenly bright. So they designed the power-circuit poorly? The top leds get less power compared to the bottom ones. Maybe only at full brightness?
Surprised me. Thanks for this website, its the best!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview