News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Still two years behind: The Sony Xperia 5's cameras play catch-up to the competition

Started by Redaktion, January 26, 2020, 10:21:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

For some reason, Sony continues to deliver sub-standard camera performance with its smartphones, and the Xperia 5 continues that trend. The phone was tested by DxOMark and found lacking, only managing to match two-year-old flagships from other companies.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Still-two-years-behind-The-Sony-Xperia-5-s-cameras-play-catch-up-to-the-competition.451161.0.html

Laura Hannigan

With all due respect, too many people write 'reviews' based on the absolute drivel that others write and not on unbiased, facts.

DXO is a bought company who takes back handers from those manufacturers sitting at the top. Most manufacturers that send, yes they send them their handsets themselves to DXO, have been enhanced cameras and software to pass their tests and aren't actually  consumer models. Their site should be taking with a massive pinch of salt.

The hate for Sony is boring now. And FYI, the Xperia 5 camera is pretty awesome, from personal experience :)

Lionel

Well,

I wasn't expecting less from DxO.

I will admit that past Sony phones like the XZ series was kinda lacking in some ways.

But since the 1, things have well improved.
The issue is not the phone, but the test protocols.
The 1 and 5 aren't the mainstream smartphones that shot in HDR and night mode everytime.
Remember, Sony is the biggest sensor manufacturer, it has one of the best hybrid lineup.
They just bought this knowledge to their phones. And as far as I know, real cameras don't shoot with HDR and other trickeries.
And DxO promoting that for the most part (with bokeh...), for sure Sony phones aren't well ranked.

Moreover, I find it really funny when people trust DxO so hard, but in reality, the results are way worse (OnePlus?).

Eddy Hyde

Yeah my 5 takes amazing photo's, massive step up from XZs and competitive with anything on the market, especially night shots.

Lewis

They seem to be omitting the fact that Sony make apples cameras for their phones and are always atleast 2 series behind what Sony use in their flagships, camera on the 1 works great and compared the 10 note is by far a better quality camera

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview