News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Xiaomi Redmi Note 8T Review - Smartphone with the small difference

Started by Redaktion, January 24, 2020, 11:06:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

We are testing the sister model of the Redmi Note 8 for the western markets. The equipment is nominally identical, but in addition to NFC, there are also other adaptations to keep the customer satisfied. But the smartphone also has a surprise of the unpleasant kind in its luggage.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-8T-Review-Smartphone-with-the-small-difference.451227.0.html

Sebastian Krupa

More cons (at least from my perspective):

- no notification LED at all (not even white one known from RN5, 6 or 7). For me this is a huge drawback after "upgrade" from RN4

- MIUI dialer, contacts app and messaging app replaced with those from Google. Lost call recording functionality and SMS messages did not transfer from old RN4 to the new one due to incompatibility.

- Bluetooth connection range between RN8T and my Garmin Fenix 3HR is dramatically worse. Checked on three different units. Connection drops if I walk more than 5m from the smartphone, which kills displaying phone notifications on the watch. There are no such problems on RN4 (8-10m easily). This is actually a deal breaker for me and I'll be returning this smartphone.

Alexandre Martins

Oly

When the phone is turned off during the night and the alarm is on for next day it turns of choosen melody from the library to default by it's own. No idea why....

xpclient

No notification LED is horrible dealbreaker. Put it back Xiaomi and while you are at it, let it be an RGB one.

Anon

Quote from: Sebastian Krupa on January 24, 2020, 12:46:03
More cons (at least from my perspective):

- no notification LED at all (not even white one known from RN5, 6 or 7). For me this is a huge drawback after "upgrade" from RN4

- MIUI dialer, contacts app and messaging app replaced with those from Google. Lost call recording functionality and SMS messages did not transfer from old RN4 to the new one due to incompatibility.

- Bluetooth connection range between RN8T and my Garmin Fenix 3HR is dramatically worse. Checked on three different units. Connection drops if I walk more than 5m from the smartphone, which kills displaying phone notifications on the watch. There are no such problems on RN4 (8-10m easily). This is actually a deal breaker for me and I'll be returning this smartphone.

I would like your confirmation whether Note 8T really uses UFS 2.0 instead of eMMC. Is that correct?

Notebookcheck states that while most other sources I have, states otherwise (it uses eMMC, not UFS 2.0)

Sebastian Krupa

Quote from: Anon on January 27, 2020, 01:01:49
Notebookcheck states that while most other sources I have, states otherwise (it uses eMMC, not UFS 2.0)

Sorry, I no longer have the unit. Back to old trusty RN4.

Daniel Schmidt

Quote from: Anon on January 27, 2020, 01:01:49
I would like your confirmation whether Note 8T really uses UFS 2.0 instead of eMMC. Is that correct?

You are right. It is eMMC. Sorry.

Quote from: Alexandre Martins on January 24, 2020, 13:32:34
On my Redmi Note 8T Aida 64 says it is Bluetooth 5.0...
AIDA64 is a database. I think they say it is BT5 because the SoC supports it, but Xiaomi says just BT4.2.

chavv

Is there any explanation to your Camera scores and comparison of  phone scores?!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview